Plugs...

Engine troubles? Try here.
Roverchef
Germany

Plugs...

Post by Roverchef »

If you were running the civilian plugs (NGK)...how often would you change them? I normally change plugs on my carb vehicles every 10k-12k(miles that is). The plugs I just pulled out only have about 5k and look like they are worn out. The gap was fine. I just noticed a funny start-up and not as smooth as it's been before. Checked carbs to make sure they were still sync'd and all the other basic things you guys are gonna tell me to look @. The plugs just looked like they had 20k on them(dry but dark). Do these motors go through plugs faster even when everything is set up right? I do drive it 40 miles everyday. The Pinzy Bible says every 6k...but I think that is for the military stuff. What do ya'll think?
berger
Canada

Re: Plugs...

Post by berger »

I do not think there is any difference between intervals, when it comes to military gear and civilian. The civilian setup is just not shielded. It is also MUCH cheaper to make the changes, so I plan on following the routine maintenance....but not paying military prices! :D
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
Roverchef
Germany

Re: Plugs...

Post by Roverchef »

Thanks for the thoughts. I was just going on the basis of the military stuff being old technology and the civilian stuff at least the plugs being newer tech. I guess when in question refer to the most unread book in the world...the owners manual.