DISSY CAP

Engine troubles? Try here.
HOOPS PINZ

DISSY CAP

Post by HOOPS PINZ »

Guys
any of you had problems with tracking in your dissy cap. I am on my 2nd cap after installing the civilain upgrade using a Bosch cap and alloy plate it looks like the cap has a hairline crack.

Symptoms are as follows under 100 miles OK but on a long journey 150 miles plus doing some speeds up to 65mph when I stop for a coffee and restart then it starts to missfire. On inspection the dissy cap has condensation in it and it looks like hairline cracks where its been tracking across the cap.
The electrodes are slightly green. I have resealed the cap to dist. but its made no difference. I have the petronix system installed.

Any ideas would be welcome
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

Is the "vacuum line" elbow clogged?

There was a post recently that said that line is actually designed to remove condensation. The elbows have a small BB in them that can be popped out with a wire and cleaned. You must put them back in!

I'd start there.
HOOPS PINZ

Post by HOOPS PINZ »

No I checked that striped it out and cleaned it thats the first thing I did.
Unless its not working properly ?

How can it be checked any ideas
HOOPS PINZ

Post by HOOPS PINZ »

Ive now disconnected the vacum pipe and will see how that works out
ExpeditionImports
United States of America

Post by ExpeditionImports »

Are you machining out the nub on the cap prior to installation? If not the cap will crack every time. Prior to any of our Pinz kits going out, the Bosch cap has the "Nub" machined off so it will fit on the distributor properly. Without this is will crack the cap when tightened down, or will not sit flat on the distributor.

Cheers,
Scott Ingham
Expedition Imports Corporation
Vallejo, California
www.expedition-imports.com
"You didn't buy a Chevy..." "Hows that Amazon tech support working out...."