starting on an incline

Engine troubles? Try here.
totaljoint

starting on an incline

Post by totaljoint »

I have parked my 712 on my driveway, nose up-hill plenty of times, no problem with starting, however last night I parked the same way, but it won't start at all the next morning. It cranks with vigor, but won't fire up (like no gas in the carb) no matter howmany times I pump the pedal.
Rolled it down to a flat spot, pumped a few more and it fired right up.
(Probably coincidence, but my old faithful Toyota T100 wouldn't start for the first time after a few hours of being parked nose up on a steep trail yesterday too. Maybe a virus going around!)

Is this common with carborated Pinzgauers? Why this time and not before? I don't want to get stuck on a trail, should I park nose down to keep gas in the carbs?
Thanks!!
Ed
edzz
United States of America

Post by edzz »

Had a similar experience sometime back with my 710, turned key, pushed button, and it cranked and cranked. Gave it a few seconds and tried again, same result. Then I noticed the warning lights weren’t lighting up. Found that I hadn’t fully turned the key, turned the key all the way and presto, started right up. So now I know with my truck it is possible to run the starter without the ignition being active.

Ed
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
lindenengineering

Post by lindenengineering »

Check the float levels in the carburetors--most likely when running its on the low side!
Dennis
OOOps no customer bashing now