Exhaust system.....muffler is on it's last leg

Engine troubles? Try here.
Jerbearyukon

Exhaust system.....muffler is on it's last leg

Post by Jerbearyukon »

So do they have an after market one that the tailpipe can come out the rear. Our muffler shops are pretty pathetic here :cry: , but I will go in and see what they say anyway.

Jer Bear
spandit

Post by spandit »

I've been told that you can get problems with fume ingress with a rear exit exhaust but I'd like to know if that's true
--

Robin

Pinzgauer 710K
MegaJolt ignition
(upgrading to MicroSquirt)
Mr Zero
United States of America

Post by Mr Zero »

Here are some instruction from SDP that ought to help your pathetic local muffler shop get the job done:

http://j.mp/902j4Q
Jerbearyukon

Post by Jerbearyukon »

Thanks I will take it too them tomorrow and see what they say. Most ppl up here are getting to where they DON'T WANT CHALLENGES ANYMORE.

The new generation of trades ppl seem to just want to do the same old things over and over and get PAID REAL WELL TOO btw.

They seem to HATE CARBS in general and anything a bit out of the ordinary they just send you somewhere else..well here there maybe only two places so you are stuck.

Down south there is COMPETITION and SERVICE...service is a nasty word here...they think that cause they are the only game in town that they can treat you like crap.

Well that is why I generally by everything ONLINE....great service and I can also get it cheaper cause they never have what I want/need here anyway.

thanks again

Jer Bear
Mr Zero
United States of America

Post by Mr Zero »

I recently had mine through the local Midas shop who got the job done just fine for ~$200.
Jerbearyukon

Post by Jerbearyukon »

So I got 'er fixed yesterday...well sort of.

They installed the new muffler but they didn't fix the exhaust leak in the flex pipe connection from the headers to the heat exchanger.

They said to bring it in tomorrow and they will fix it up so that's good.

Here the pics of the muffler inplace and the tail pipe routing.

here's the complete in a video

Cheers Jer Bear
Mr Zero
United States of America

Post by Mr Zero »

Happy to see you got it done. :D
Jerbearyukon

Post by Jerbearyukon »

Still need to get the flex pipe though...they repaired it as best they could but she's not long for this world.

Any ideas...is it a part they sell or does it have to get fabricated?

The muffler isn't all that quiet though...I was hoping it would be quieter I guess.

Jer Bear
dokatd
United States of America

Post by dokatd »

Napa carries stainless flex pipes in stock here in NM. They were very fairly priced as well. The exhaust shops here said they were special order and would take a couple weeks. So I picked up two from napa an did all my own exhaust. New pipes and muffler, turned out far better than what most exhaust shops can offer. I did have the exhaust shop bend a few pieces to my spec.
Jerbearyukon

Post by Jerbearyukon »

Glad you can do it yourself....I am getting a bit tired....Still working on the fuel tank now.

I ordered the flex pipe connector from Canada Pinzgauer. Thanks I just need that piece the rest is done.

Jer Bear
andy

Post by andy »

Jerbearyukon wrote:

Down south there is COMPETITION and SERVICE...service is a nasty word here...they think that cause they are the only game in town that they can treat you like crap.

Jer Bear
Jer, depends on how far south you go. Down here, next to manana land, it is pretty much the same as you are describing in your neck of the woods.

I get real jealous of the guys in S. Cal., Colorado, or in Arizona.

Andy
A bar F
The buck STARTS here
www.deerleaseservices.com
Jerbearyukon

Post by Jerbearyukon »

Andy hmm that surprises me a bit I guess. Well nice to see I am NOT ALONE..hahaha.

So how are you btw.

Jer
andy

Post by andy »

It's a function of being out in the boondocks at the end of the supply chain. The cactus shade mechanics (for the most part) have no more interest in providing service than the guys you mentioned. They know we are 180 miles from the nearest big town.

I've trailered the 712 to Victoria to drop off with Fritz a couple of times. That's a 14 hour round trip with only about 1/2 hour of it loading or unloading the Pinzgauer and talking with him.

We are doing well, waiting for the temps to break. 107 here last Tuesday and the deer are already in their winter coats. Hard antler time coming soon.

Sorry to see you are battling so much with your K, but it is all turning out looking pretty good.

Cheers, Andy
A bar F
The buck STARTS here
www.deerleaseservices.com
Jerbearyukon

Post by Jerbearyukon »

I am winning the war with it though....it's been fun and a real experience for me.

Jer