FUN CONTINUES - WHAT ARE THE THREADS ON THE DRAIN PLUG

Engine troubles? Try here.
Jerbearyukon

FUN CONTINUES - WHAT ARE THE THREADS ON THE DRAIN PLUG

Post by Jerbearyukon »

I just got the fuel tank back together and went to put in the drain plug...won't go easily.....so I checked with the guy that originally tried to high pressure hose it and he put an Imperial Plug in it and cranked it shut...

Of coarse he didn't leave the plug in it. So I tried to put the original in her yesterday and it wouldn't go...so I monkey'd with it and I got frustrated and put a rubber washer on it and tightened it as best I could and it's LEAKING bad.

So I guess I get to tap it and thread the the plug now :evil:

Man is there just incompetence in the world...why would the guy force something in there like that.

Jer Bear
Jerbearyukon

Post by Jerbearyukon »

got a reply - btw it's a M-22 - 1.5 - must be 1.5 cause it's fine thread - all I have access to is a 3.0...so I will go around town now searching for somebody I can borrow it from.

Jer Bear
spandit

Post by spandit »

Yes, M22x1.5mm - I got mine off eBay, it's a DIN908.

Problem is, if a different size has been forced in there, it's likely to have buggered the threads. You might get lucky if you invest in a tap of the correct size but I'd be inclined to use plenty of blue Hylomar etc. and check periodically for leaks
--

Robin

Pinzgauer 710K
MegaJolt ignition
(upgrading to MicroSquirt)
Jerbearyukon

Post by Jerbearyukon »

I went up the the local machine shop and they made me a plastic bushing and I put some thread glue on her adn she seems to be holding so far...FINGERS ARE CROSSED.

Jer Bear