Re: Float Level Tool Info Needed

Engine troubles? Try here.
undysworld
Norway

Re: Float Level Tool Info Needed

Post by undysworld »

http://real4x4forums.com/PinzgauerBBS/v ... float+tool

Anybody have any idea where to obtain either a complete tool or parts to make one? An m7 hose barb seems hard to find.

If I make one, do I simply need a hose barb? Or must I include the little hole in the side as the original part has?

Did the EI tools ever come to pass? Or were they all sold off?

Thanks for any ideas.
Fleg

Post by Fleg »

I asked Scott not to long ago and he forwarded me this website. I haven't had any luck getting them to reply to an email.

http://www.biekerengineering.com/products.htm
kpoling
United States of America

Post by kpoling »

That is an Oregon number, He is in Grants Pass in S. OR. I will call him to check on it today as I am interested in one also.

Kevin
Regards, Kevin

'73 710K sold 01/22/2016
McCall Pinz
Switzerland

Post by McCall Pinz »

Please post if you find a cost for that tool. I made a homemade tool, but would like a "real" one. fwiw- I'm not sure why, but my local hardware store had a 7mm die so I threaded a piece and added some clear plastic fuel line to make the tool
kpoling
United States of America

Post by kpoling »

I have called twice today, no answer, no voice mail. Must be on holiday. I sent him an email, I'll post any response I get. Looking at the factory part on SAV's site, it is really hard to accept the price of $176. :shock: The bracket to hold the tube at the correct height is the money part.

I would pay $25 or so for it, but will probably have to make one like McCall did.
Regards, Kevin

'73 710K sold 01/22/2016
Jim LaGuardia
United States of America

Post by Jim LaGuardia »

You guys sure like to do things the hard way. Just make your own bracket and mark it :shock:
Float level is 16.5mm from top of float bowl, no rocket science here, just an easy measurement :roll:
Oh, by the way, the float tool can lie at times with certain types of float wear/damage :wink:
Cheers, Jim LaGuardia
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Goatwerks/
"Arch Magus of Machines."
Fleg

Post by Fleg »

Jim LaGuardia wrote:You guys sure like to do things the hard way. Just make your own bracket and mark it :shock:
Float level is 16.5mm from top of float bowl, no rocket science here, just an easy measurement :roll:
Oh, by the way, the float tool can lie at times with certain types of float wear/damage :wink:
And what about the M7 hose barb?
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

Jim LaGuardia wrote:You guys sure like to do things the hard way. Just make your own bracket and mark it :shock:
Yup, i used a VERY inexpensive pocket ruler. Has a lil slide on it that i lined up to 16.5mm and adjusted the float until it touched the fuel
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)
Jim LaGuardia
United States of America

Post by Jim LaGuardia »

Drill a 1/8" or 3/16" hole in spare starter valve and insert a piece metal tube(brake line/copper line) attach a clear piece of fuel hose and the hose adapter is made :D
Cheers, Jim LaGuardia
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Goatwerks/
"Arch Magus of Machines."
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

I just bought a brake bleeder valve from NAPA with the m7x1.0 thread, NAPA part # 22068 - $2.28. I cut off the end just at the end of the threads, and got some tubing which fits on the barb end.

My question is, Jim, do I need the jet hole in the side of it (like the starter jet has), or can I get by with no hole in the side?

I planned to fab up a bracket, based on Jim's dimensions and the prev. pic of the quarter for sizing.
og

Post by og »

Anyone with original float tool, is there a side hole in the piece which screws into the starter valve hole?

Thank you

OG
OG