failed my emission test

Engine troubles? Try here.
krick3tt

failed my emission test

Post by krick3tt »

Colorado doesn't have a 'Smog test' like I am used to in CA. it's called an 'Emission Test' but, whatever it's called my pinz did not pass. The man gave me ten days to get it fixed for a free retest.

Took it to LinDen Engineering and Dennis had the time (don't know how he does it) to check it out and discover that my No 2 cylinder was way off and not firing properly, tight exhaust valve and non-operating cut-off solenoid. Timing seemed to be OK. Replaced the solenoid, adjusted the valve and adjusted the carbs.

Went back a few hours later to the Emission Test facility and passed with points to spare. Now to DMV on Monday for new sticker for the plates.

Colorado seems to be tougher than California, just my opinion now. Got to keep the smog producing metal monsters off the roads.
Glad this scenario happened or I might have really messed up No 2. ...and it tells me why I was not the power wagon that I thought I was by only running on 3/4 of an engine.

Check those valves.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
Twin Pinzies

Post by Twin Pinzies »

There is no such test required for those that live the southwest part of the state. It must be because the front range has smog issues. Tougher than Cali? Really? Damn!
Jerbearyukon

Post by Jerbearyukon »

Well I am thinking of trying to get Dennis to come up to the yukon to help us out. There are about 5 pinz owners and we need someone to go through them and get them running right and give us some tips on maintenace.

I think if we split the cost it would be a great investment in our learning and to have our pinzes running the best they could.

I agree Dennis is the man and how he fits things in is amazing. He is like a vapour trail in that shop.

Jer Bear
krick3tt

failed my emission test

Post by krick3tt »

Yeah Jer,

Try for a time with record snowfall and sub-zero temps ... that will draw him in. Throw in an Elk hunt and that might be the topper. Lest we forget, ice fishing is a good backup.
Good luck.

Morris
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford