Working on replacing the exhaust

Engine troubles? Try here.
audiocontr
United States of America

Working on replacing the exhaust

Post by audiocontr »

Well, like many of us, I've been searching for an inexpensive alternative to a new exhaust. The dreams of getting one made for $200 installed are out of touch in the major metro area of DC and I'd guess anywhere else with a high cost of living. I do not have the skills or materials to weld myself so it leaves me at the greedy hands of those mechanics who do, and they just pull prices out of their ass... (See guy in suit, see guy with expensive toy, see guy give me LOADS of money for a simple job)

So, I've been searching and researching. My latest is I have found someone to make inexpensive plates to replace the mounting plate on your stock exhaust. Secondly, I've found an inexpensive 2 to 1 exhaust which will weld directly to the slightly modified plate with the stock length of the muffler. I'm still working out a prototype, but I may be able to offer up the information for others who want to piece their exhausts, or sell them welded together for folks who would like to simply cut bolts and replace. I'll still wind up heading to a muffler shop to bend a pipe at the outlet as people have personal preferences there, and hell - the length of a 710 and 712 are much different

I'll keep ya all informed on how it goes.
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)