Twin vee pulley (and how to remove it?)

Engine troubles? Try here.
spandit

Twin vee pulley (and how to remove it?)

Post by spandit »

My engine has a twin-vee pulley on the front of it, which should come in useful should I decide to fit another alternator/power steering etc. - is this a standard fit and if so, why?

Can't get the pulley off, mind - handbrake isn't good enough to stop the vehicle rolling when I pull on the breaker bar. I even tried the old Land Rover trick of trying to undo it with the starter motor but that wasn't strong enough either... My air driven SIP 1/2" impact driver doesn't touch it
--

Robin

Pinzgauer 710K
MegaJolt ignition
(upgrading to MicroSquirt)
M Wehrman
United States of America

Post by M Wehrman »

2 grooves! Lucky guy! An impact wrench is the ticket,at least it was for me.
Mark
Stock means no imagination!

Volvo TGB1317, .95% Morphed!

68 Haffy
Lisaspinz

Post by Lisaspinz »

Robin;

Twin groove pully! Me want one! Seriously, can those be had for purchase?

When I removed the pully to install Hall Magnets for the FI project I used lots of WD40/Break Free, an industrial heat gun (big hair dryer) and patience. Once you remove the bolt then even more patience is required to pull the pully.

DO NOT stick a breaker bar through the openings on the pully an apply torque - you will break the cast iron pully. Then you will be sad and or mad. :oops:

Mike
712 M
spandit

Post by spandit »

Lisaspinz wrote: DO NOT stick a breaker bar through the openings on the pully an apply torque - you will break the cast iron pully
I was bearing this in mind as I went to fetch my puller from the garage. Imagine my surprise to find that my pulley doesn't have holes in it (and fortunately it came off very easily by hand):

--

Robin

Pinzgauer 710K
MegaJolt ignition
(upgrading to MicroSquirt)