Mufflers.....again

Engine troubles? Try here.
andy

Mufflers.....again

Post by andy »

While I'm posting thought I would ask. Does anyone have a brand or a stock number for a muffler they had replaced recently.

I searched and found the SDP pictures and the info on the IMCO CM35 muffler, but when I go to the IMCO website it doesn't appear they use that number anymore.

My 712 has an appointment with the muffler DR on Wednesday morning and I'm not really 100% confident in the muffler guy putting a muffler on it that won't mess things up.

Any information will be greatly appreciated and in this case the sooner the better.

Thanks

Andy
A bar F
The buck STARTS here
www.deerleaseservices.com
Skeej

Re: Mufflers.....again

Post by Skeej »

andy wrote:While I'm posting thought I would ask. Does anyone have a brand or a stock number for a muffler they had replaced recently.

I searched and found the SDP pictures and the info on the IMCO CM35 muffler, but when I go to the IMCO website it doesn't appear they use that number anymore.

My 712 has an appointment with the muffler DR on Wednesday morning and I'm not really 100% confident in the muffler guy putting a muffler on it that won't mess things up.

Any information will be greatly appreciated and in this case the sooner the better.

Thanks

Andy
Second that-
time for an updated solution if the IMCO 35 is becoming too hard to find. Hate to have to go back the the huge can original as it seemed it caught on stuff off-roading, per some comments.

I thought I had a good solution with the IMCO 35, applying some nice work with Jims watercut adapter, the flex adapter, and a good muffler shop bending pipe after the muffler, like a couple others here suggested- structure wise its held up nicely-

but I notice I seem to be burning the gaskets in between the pipe connecting muffler to the exhaust header faster than I'd expect (on my second in 1 year) and even when its good- I notice the floor above the two into one connecter and pipe area is very hot-

and I just noticed I appear to have an exhaust leak between engine and exhaust headers-

so I wonder if the design of the MB muffler itself might be just a little bit too restricted for the best flow/creating backpressure thats blowing out the gaskets- and if thats whats making for so much heat under there.

any other suggestions for a newer unit thats working good?

Skeej
Thats not a knife...THIS is a knife!
~ Crocodille Dundee