Slow Cranking??

Engine troubles? Try here.
Malahki

Slow Cranking??

Post by Malahki »

Wondering what might be causing my pinz to crank so slowly? Ever since I got it back in December it has been very slow to turn over. Even with two new batteries or when I boosted it with my 24v Landcruiser it cranks like every revolution might be its last. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
edzz
United States of America

Re: Slow Cranking??

Post by edzz »

Malahki wrote: Ever since I got it back in December it has been very slow to turn over.
Got it back from work being done on it? being loaned out? ?? what may have been done to it when it was not in your hands?
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
Malahki

Post by Malahki »

Oh sorry, grammatical error, should read: "ever since I got it, back in Dec". As in I purchased it back in Dec.
edzz
United States of America

Post by edzz »

My bad, next year I'll learn to read.
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

check the grounding straps and could be that your clutch is hanging up a little causing the slower turning.
Malahki

Post by Malahki »

As I also have a clutch issue, I thought I would add the link: http://real4x4forums.com/PinzgauerBBS/v ... 172#p44172
stiffler4444
Canada

Post by stiffler4444 »

Is it possibly just an "expiring" starter? I had this issue with my Samurai and each time I took apart my starter and cleaned up the windings, it worked well for a few weeks......dunno, just my nickel.
1972 710m
Malahki

Post by Malahki »

It turns out the slow cranking was the result of bad batteries. I had overlooked the possibility because I was using the RV batteries out of my brand new trailer. So I assumed the new batteries would be good but I had them tested and they were not up to par. Perhaps they sat dead at the trailer manufacturing plant for some time before being put to use