cold and sweaty ???????

Engine troubles? Try here.
waterdog
Paraguay

cold and sweaty ???????

Post by waterdog »

hello guys, i was checking on the carbs this morning cause yesterday i went thru a big puddle of water and later the truck start hesitating i cleaned all the electric components but still has that little hesitation when you first step on the gas then goes!, and if you keep it steady at +-2000 rpm you hear a popping sound on the tailpipe(exhaust), my friend told me water on the gas,? i dont know...,,,NOW something i never realized is that after couple of miles the carburetor base gets COLD N SWEATY? where is this condensation coming from? it gets water right at the bottom of the carburators! yes and its cold!!!and it doesnt go away when the truck is hot,., any opinions?????
1985 710MS
1985 712MK
1988 PAJERO CAMEL SPECIAL 042/150
edzz
United States of America

Re: cold and sweaty ???????

Post by edzz »

waterdog wrote:NOW something i never realized is that after couple of miles the carburetor base gets COLD N SWEATY? where is this condensation coming from? it gets water right at the bottom of the carburators! yes and its cold!!!and it doesnt go away when the truck is hot,., any opinions?????
Mine does the same thing, when I first noticed it I made inquires and was told this is normal behavior (thank you Jim).
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

so when you say electrical components does that mean you removed the distributor cap and cleared the water that was inside?
waterdog
Paraguay

Post by waterdog »

yes, clean up inside dist.cap, wires and spark plugs..................
1985 710MS
1985 712MK
edzz
United States of America

Post by edzz »

Civilian or military ignition?

Also you may want to check the fuel filter for water. However it sounds more like an electrical / ignition problem.
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

I would want to check the cap again paying special attention to any possible minor cracks which may have come from cold water splashing on a hot cap especially if a civilian version. Spark plug insulators could have also cracked allowing some spark to release. Even if water was to get into fuel system it would not take long to pass through the system unless it was a very large amount. It is the hesitation and the ability to maintain a steady 2k rpm that just sounds so much like an ignition issue.

If you take the cap off make sure to drop a little light oil on the felt washer in the distributor (should do it on a regular basis)
cruzoropeza

Post by cruzoropeza »

It's funny when I read cold and sweaty, the only thing that came to mined is menopause!! J/k hope you find on answer cause I'm in te same boat and it's been almost a month sense I crossed a river , I've always felt as if my carbs were not in sync
waterdog
Paraguay

Post by waterdog »

i just found out that the gasket at carbs base are leaking ,, when the truck is running ,i sprayed soapy water at the base and starts bubbling, that should be sealed right? maybe i have a vaccum problem?........... :?: :( :?:
1985 710MS
1985 712MK
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

Read Winter beater's comment about truing up the carbs in the 2.7 post, might help you with your issue.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford