Carb sycronization kit/tool

Engine troubles? Try here.
Jerbearyukon

Carb sycronization kit/tool

Post by Jerbearyukon »

Can you tune these friggin carbs without it. I am in hopes that the fella I have working on my Pinz can work with Karl from Pinzgauer Canada to get her running PRIMO...whatever that is. I have asked him on and off to look at things on the Pinz so he couls get familiar with it and he is slowly building his experience level up.

Is it not possible just to get re-built carbs (like I have) and bolt them on and have them work.

Another question would be....WHY would they even engineer them to have TWO CARBS.

Next question:

if you can't do proper job without the tool would someone who has the tool be willing to RENT it to me so I can get mine sync'd?

Jer
Jerbearyukon

Re: Carb sycronization kit/tool

Post by Jerbearyukon »

PS - anyone that has alot of pinzgauer experience want to make a trip to the Yukon and get some FANTASTIC fishing in and fix a couple of them. I am sure I can get the other fella to spring for half the air fair and we can pay for the repairs too.

Just would like to get this rig running the way I think it can...it's a bit frustrating.

Jer
Winter Beater

Post by Winter Beater »

Jerry, the sync tool is about $55 it's way cheaper than airfare. You can search here to find Dennis' technique for setting up the idle - the linkage length is a big part of getting it smooth.

The other thing that will help make life easier is to re-build or at least check carbs gaskets and seals. Jim L. has pics and walked me through the task on the phone. My truck ran much better after plugging all the little spots air was being sucked in. And the choke was more effective too.

You'll need 2 carb kits + throttle shaft seals + piece of steel/glass/granite + lots of sandpaper + float adjust tool. The paper gets taped to the flat surface and you true all carb pieces, then the gaskets can do their job.

It does take a little time; like sharpening a hunting knife. Have a beer :)
Jerbearyukon

Post by Jerbearyukon »

ok I will order the tool...the carbs have been rebuilt by Dennis though.....anyway I will check with Karl and see what he says.

thanks

Jer