Oil coming from the right side of the motor

Engine troubles? Try here.
westernair
United States of America

Oil coming from the right side of the motor

Post by westernair »

Oil coming from the right side of the motor, seems to not be coming from the oil cooler but just behind it more in the range of the fuel pump. Oil was splashed everywhere, up and on top of the cooling tin and around the carbs. I did find that the rectangle plate on the fuel pump was loose so I am thinking that might have been the cultrate. Any other ideas where it could be coming from? Currently I have the entire top end off the motor as I am forced to replace rings on #4 and a piston and rings on #3. See posts intermittent smoking and piston 3 and 4 burnt.
I am ordering parts from Scott later today or tomorrow and am asking the group if there is anything else I should check before I do this.
Shawn

62 haffy Bantam
61 haffy 4 door

72 710K - Sold
73 712M - Sold
berger
Canada

Re: Oil coming from the right side of the motor

Post by berger »

I know you said not from the oil cooler, but I was searching leaks and found this thread....

http://www.real4x4forums.com/PinzgauerB ... +leak+pump
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
pcolette
United States of America

Post by pcolette »

I've now replaced the oil cooler seal rings in 2 different Pinz's. Once they start leaking they can really let loose. Here's the part: http://www.pinzgauer.com/showdetails.ph ... 101070251/ You'll need 2 and also the gasket that goes under the oil filter housing, part # 7101070211. It's a great opportunity to give the oil cooler a thorough cleaning.

If the oil is leaking at the fuel pump, other than a loose cover plate it's also possible that the tappet guide (01-45-33) has cracked and is leaking oil. Best bet is to remove the pump and give it a good cleaning and check the guide at the same time.
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE
westernair
United States of America

Post by westernair »

Well I have a large order going into Scott today or tomorrow so I will add a set of oil cooler gaskets in at the same time. Seems if I am this far into it I might as well replace them just as PM.
I too had mud in my oil cooler when I bought it. I have since made sure I always wash it out when comming home from a muddy trail.
Thanks for the suggestions
Shawn
Shawn

62 haffy Bantam
61 haffy 4 door

72 710K - Sold
73 712M - Sold