Distributer loosening...again.

Engine troubles? Try here.
krick3tt

Re: Distributer loosening...again.

Post by krick3tt »

Always new tricks to learn...thanks for posting.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
berger
Canada

Post by berger »

I give up! :twisted:

The truck can sit until spring. Nothing I do is working and the timing is erratic at best. I think it is set, then it isn't. The dizzy is even back to normal. The drive, at 90deg may be spec, but not on my truck. Won't run there. When I do get it going and running, the truck will stall when I hit the throttle too quickly.

I may dump the civi coil and go back to the military one. Scott at EI told me the Petronix was installed incorrectly anyway (bad wiring).....not by me...wonder who... :roll: ....so I may redo that too.

I wish I had a beer.....or 10. :|
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
berger
Canada

Post by berger »

Well, we had a break in the cold weather and I think I have this finally fixed. The gear is not perpendicular to the block, but two positions towards the fan blade. At this position there was plenty of idle adjustment. The truck is idling at 800-900rpm, 5deg advanced and she starts right up every time. I think I have to check the carbs and linkages, as there is the occasional hesitation when using the pedal, but none when I pull the throttle control. Synchrometer should be ordered today.
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

berger wrote:Well, we had a break in the cold weather and I think I have this finally fixed. The gear is not perpendicular to the block, but two positions towards the fan blade. At this position there was plenty of idle adjustment. The truck is idling at 800-900rpm, 5deg advanced and she starts right up every time. I think I have to check the carbs and linkages, as there is the occasional hesitation when using the pedal, but none when I pull the throttle control. Synchrometer should be ordered today.
I have a synchrometer you could borrow - I am in Toronto
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
berger
Canada

Post by berger »

TechMOGogy wrote:
berger wrote:Well, we had a break in the cold weather and I think I have this finally fixed. The gear is not perpendicular to the block, but two positions towards the fan blade. At this position there was plenty of idle adjustment. The truck is idling at 800-900rpm, 5deg advanced and she starts right up every time. I think I have to check the carbs and linkages, as there is the occasional hesitation when using the pedal, but none when I pull the throttle control. Synchrometer should be ordered today.
I have a synchrometer you could borrow - I am in Toronto
Thanks for the offer, but I just bought one. A colleague of mine is in Florida for two weeks and I had SAV ship it to him. $10 shipping there versus $30 plus to Canada, and I will get it faster. :wink:
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

Can I get the cap and rotor from Napa or VW dealer? Specific part numbers?
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

Be careful here. My own desire to tinker and learn got the best of me and I made things worse =) I broke a few of the plastic rod ends. Get a spare or two before trying to pop them off.
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)