EI stainless muffler

Engine troubles? Try here.
stark311
United States of America

EI stainless muffler

Post by stark311 »

I've seen the thread where everyone was eagerly anticipating and seemingly pleased when EI was developing their stainless muffler kit. Does anybody that has bought one have an update on how they like it several years down the road?

Barry
Barry
Springfield, MO

1975 710M
1974 Land Rover Series III (yeah, yeah, I know)
2008 BMW R1200GSA
berger
Canada

Re: EI stainless muffler

Post by berger »

I have had mine for a couple of months now. Cannot attest to increased power, but it sounds better than my rusted out one! :D Fir the money, and ease of installation, I am happy with the muffler. I also like supporting not only a supplier of parts, but someone actively producing parts for our trucks.

Sent from my Mobile
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
Jimm391730
United States of America

Post by Jimm391730 »

I, too, bought one last fall. Spot on match for the stock muffler, and along with a better heat exchanger that doesn't have holes drilled into it, and a flex coupling from SAV, it sounded like a whole different truck. One nice difference/feature is that the exhaust pipe is separate and connects to the muffler with a clamp; makes shipping easier and gives some flexibility in how high the exhaust is placed.

If you need a new muffler and want to stay stock, EI's stainless is great.
Jim M.
712W and 710M
pcolette
United States of America

Post by pcolette »

Installed one a few months back and I'm really happy with the sound. It also fit perfectly and is built very solidly.
Highly recommend 8)
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE
kpoling
United States of America

Post by kpoling »

I've had mine on for 2 months/500 miles. It bolted right up, no issues. Looks just like the old one and is nice a quiet (no box of rocks rattling like my old OEM unit). Very happy with the muffler.
Regards, Kevin

'73 710K sold 01/22/2016