Pinz suddenly won't idle

Engine troubles? Try here.
David Dunn
United States of America

Re: Pinz suddenly won't idle

Post by David Dunn »

kdiqq wrote:But how will I add to the mystery of my Pinz with it's unique top and doors?!
It's only unique to Swiss Pinz owners. The Austrian top was made to be folded back and windshield to fold down. The soft door tops , again an Austrian option.. You'll eventually learn where they're similar and where they're different
Swiss Pinzes windshields were never meant to be folded.

Be concern that your truck was Austrian spec'ed and has some different electrical wiring and lighting ( plus fuses) than the Swiss.
Several years ago there were some 712WP (Weapon Platform) being offered, same basic Austrian truck, just a special body insert and canvas.
Scott just recently posted pics of Austrian 712M with folding sides. Those were a common item with the later 716M/718M for NATO standardize pallet loading.

Even when a truck is spec'ed, some people will still post their opinion about theirs when they're apple and oranges.

Remember that Pinzes were built under different contracts to different countries and militaries to their own needs and specs.
Even within our own military, There are several variants of the HMMWV, though "generally " the same.
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
kdiqq
United States of America

Post by kdiqq »

Oh wow, I'd only mentioned the 'uniqueness' because I'm having trouble finding replacement pieces for my somewhat ratty top.

All Pinzes rock :) if I could have my way, I'd get the Swiss breakers, Swiss heater, Austrian body reinforcements, Austrian wiper style, Austrian door latches with Swiss glass tops, and probably most everything else Swiss. Seems there is more info out there for the Swiss! I'm already finding trouble finding Austrian specific parts :(

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
1977 Austrian 710M
kdiqq
United States of America

Post by kdiqq »

She lives! Image

Wiper motor is diagnosed as the issue and I now need to replace it or rebuild it :(

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
1977 Austrian 710M