Seal ring for air intake

Engine troubles? Try here.
JimmyC

Seal ring for air intake

Post by JimmyC »

On my truck there is no rubber seal between the top of the carbs and the sheet metal manifold that fits between the carbs and the air cleaner housing. Looking at it I would not know a piece is missing, but both my repair manual and parts book show two rubber donuts.

Where some trucks not equipped with these rubber seals?
Jim Chance
710M

All my post fully incorporate the Dunning-Kruger effect
pcolette
United States of America

Re: Seal ring for air intake

Post by pcolette »

Yes, some were equipped and others were not. One of my 710's has them and the other doesn't but the air intake seems to be slightly smaller in diameter so it fits tightly around the carb without the external rubber seal.

Inside the neck of the air intake where it seats against the top edge of the carb, there is another rubber ring (01-35-63) that is a bit difficult to see. As you snug down the air intake this ring/seal seats against the edge of the carb. That seal was hard to find when I last went looking for one but IIRC I got it from SAV, part #7002082571 on the Haflinger parts list.
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

Mine is not equipped with those on either carb. Wondered about it for a long time till I was informed that some are not.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
pinzinator

Post by pinzinator »

On mine the manifold fits so tight that a rubber ring would do no good.
JimmyC

Post by JimmyC »

Just spoke with Sarah at SAV. She looked in one of her other Pinz books and saw the number Pcolette indicated is correct. Should get it here in a couple of days
Jim Chance
710M

All my post fully incorporate the Dunning-Kruger effect