Wheel Drive Disassembly Tools

Diffs, axles, lockers, transmissions, portals, that kind of thing.
jrcotner
United States of America

Re: Wheel Drive Disassembly Tools

Post by jrcotner »

Through a combination of heat, repeated trips to the press, PB Blaster, and a great big hammer (thanks Andre) I finally got the hub apart. Except for the chipped gear everything seems to be in order. I have no idea why this thing was so difficult to disassemble, but it's in pieces now. Thanks all for the helpful advice.
Thanks,
John Cotner
1946 Willys CJ-2a
Elizabethton, TN
berger
Canada

Post by berger »

Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
Brickren
United States of America

Post by Brickren »

I have been trying to go onto the German website ( http://pinzforum.kiruna.de/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6730 ) to contact Timm to buy one of those pullers, but I can't register on the site. After translating to English and filling in the blanks, It asks a bot question like "The toll for commercial vehicles is handled in the FRG", "Bitte schreibe die Zahl 44 aus-Please write the number 44", "Wo ist Peter Klöppel zu sehen","Wie heisst Robis Frau","Laterne, Laterne, Sonne, Mond und ...:", Confirmation of registration
This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots

By the time I translate all this, I've used up too many attempts. Any help would be appreciated.
1975 710M
2000 Ural Tourist
McCall Pinz
Switzerland

Post by McCall Pinz »

hotzenplotz is probably your best bet, since he's seen the puller and is on the continent. I'm registered on the Robi's forum and could get the contact started. PM sent
eat, sleep, Pinzgauer
Hotzenplotz
Austria

Post by Hotzenplotz »

Well, the " Laterne, Laterne...." is a children's rhyme, translation would not help finishing it :-)

Not only have I seen the tool once, I have bought it and happily used it several times.
In the meantime pm's have been sent forth and back, and hopefully communication has been established.

I have lent my puller to a couple of forum members in the neighbourhood, but shipping a 5 kg block of metal overseas is exaggeration, I guess :-)
Cheers
Albert
========================
My Pinz has NEVER been with any army
Brickren
United States of America

Post by Brickren »

Thanks to both. The tool looks superior to jaws type and at a fraction of the cost. Sometimes a home made or redesigned tool is better than factory tool. Brian
1975 710M
2000 Ural Tourist