rear locker

Diffs, axles, lockers, transmissions, portals, that kind of thing.
bootlegger

rear locker

Post by bootlegger »

The 710 I have for sale developed a problem after a guy was here test driving.I couldn't get the rear locker to disengage after he left.I remember him stating that the lever was hard to pull down.The lever now has very little resistance and basically just flops up and down.Now I've got another guy coming to look at it and its not right.Any suggestions?
Jim LaGuardia
United States of America

Post by Jim LaGuardia »

The lever is broken or the master piston is stuck from long term non use :cry:
Cheers, Jim LaGuardia
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Goatwerks/
"Arch Magus of Machines."
bootlegger

Post by bootlegger »

Not good.I wonderful if, when I locate the piston ,if I could warm it up a bit to free it up.?
pcolette
United States of America

Post by pcolette »

The piston is located in the cylinder in front of the locker lever. I don't think it's likely that heating the cylinder would release the piston. If you have a parts manual, the drawing of Group 07-15 should help you.

If the rear locker is still engaged I think you can probably release it by opening the bleed screw on the slave cylinder located on the driver's side of the main driveline tube just forward of the parking brake. This will not release the master cylinder however.

If I'm mistaken on any of this, someone please chime in and let us know.

Hope this helps,

Paul
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE
bootlegger

Post by bootlegger »

I got it.It was the lever itself.The aluminum piece that rotates on the shaft that carries all three of the levers siezed up on just the one and when pulled too hard,it broke.Works great now.Keep that shaft lubed fellas! Once you remove that cover behind the levers,you'll see what I m talking about.Thanks for the replies.