Clutch Help Needed! PLEASE

Diffs, axles, lockers, transmissions, portals, that kind of thing.
locosmith

Clutch Help Needed! PLEASE

Post by locosmith »

Clutch Problem? I parked my 710 in may was fine then, I went to start it last month, no go. Found I had to replase the fuel pump. went to get it out today and can't get it into gear with unit running. Shut it off it goes into gear fine. Question, how do I determine if its the slave or the cyl at the pedal? I attempted to bleed it, and can push fluid out, pedal feels fine? Just not able to get into gear with engine running? HELP Please. Thanks

Well I took off the little cover at the slave, it's moving fine, must be the plate rusted to the flywheel? What you all think? Is this a normal thing? CAn you get it loose without taking out the transmission? Thanks
M Wehrman
United States of America

Post by M Wehrman »

Sounds like your disc is stuck to the flywheel or on the trans input shaft.you may get lucky and have a bunch of friends rock the truck while you hold the clutch down,maybe it will break free.Otherwise pull trans and clutch clean,put back together and drive. Do a search on this site,it has come up before.
Mark
Stock means no imagination!

Volvo TGB1317, .95% Morphed!

68 Haffy
locosmith

Post by locosmith »

Thanks I've read all I can find I thought that was my problem, Thanks Again
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

Loco,

It does sound stuck. Got one in the neighborhood with that habit. Here's what I do. Put it in 1st gear, and start it up - clutch out. It'll go, just be prepared to drive. Then, when it's moving, pump the clutch repeatedly. It may well break loose for you.

I think that if you drive the truck frequently, it may remain ok. Otherwise ditto the cleaning, etc.
locosmith

Post by locosmith »

Got her done, disk was stuck all looked good cleaned up put back together better then ever> Thanks
edzz
United States of America

Post by edzz »

locosmith wrote:Got her done, disk was stuck all looked good cleaned up put back together better then ever> Thanks

Thanks for letting us know the results.

Glad to hear all turned out well.

Ed :D
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
locosmith

Post by locosmith »

Yea it was stuck to the pressure plate, had to pry it off. USed scotch brite and emory paper to clean it and make it a little ruff still had the original machine marks on the plate but looked like rust or the metal from the clutch plate left some residue that i cleaned off. looked good still plenty of material on the plate no where near the rivits. So I'm Happy, drove to the woods today worked like a dream. LOVE THIS TRUCK> Loco
nene5101

Re: Clutch Help Needed! PLEASE

Post by nene5101 »

Thanks to this post I'm back on the road. My truck was parked for a year and the clutch did not engaged. After reading through this board, I put it in gear, turned it on, trusted forward and it disengaged! Saved myself a trip to the mechanic. Thanks.
totaljoint

Re: Clutch Help Needed! PLEASE

Post by totaljoint »

For those of us who park "nose first" into the storage unit for the winter, I wonder if starting in reverse would have the same effect to loosen a stuck clutch?