power steering

Dedicated to the memory and knowledge shared by Jim Mettler - All things relating to the flow of electrons in a Pinz.
ziegler

power steering

Post by ziegler »

Electrical power steering runs perfect. I go out the next morning and I've got no power steering. Any input greatly appreciated. I also have solid state ignition and reduction gear starter if helpful. Thank you Zig
TechMOGogy
Canada

Re: power steering

Post by TechMOGogy »

When does it start running perfectly? After a certain time?
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

you had it the first day but now you don't? I had to replace my relay as it was a little weak for the purpose. The largest issue I had with mine was my steering box. There was a small imperfection on one of the gears and the steering unit could not handle it. A rebuild and all has been excellent since. You can check the relay by simply listening when powering up. If there is no definite click then power is not being switched to the unit and it will not work.
Scott was an exceptional help in diagnosing the issues I had. I would reach out to him if you can not come up with something.
ziegler

Post by ziegler »

Turned out to be a charging issue. Charging spikes were affecting the computer in the steering unit due to a bad battery. power steering unit works flawlessly. Thank you everyone. Zig