Headlights and license plate light only work

Dedicated to the memory and knowledge shared by Jim Mettler - All things relating to the flow of electrons in a Pinz.
Scooter7

Headlights and license plate light only work

Post by Scooter7 »

I just picked up my Pinz (710M) and I've gotten everything working right except my lights. I have my headlights and one license plate light working. Flashers, turn signals, tail lights, and brake lights aren't working at all. I've been thumbing through these forums and can't exactly find a similar issue. Thanks to the forums I located the rear electronics box and it all check out fine. It has to be something simple, but I can't put my finger on it. Would a grounding issue cause them all to be out and are there multiple grounds for this system?
Thanks for any input and apologize if this has been covered before.
pinzinator

Re: Headlights and license plate light only work

Post by pinzinator »

Jimm391730
United States of America

Post by Jimm391730 »

All the things that you say don't work are switched with the ignition switch. You might look for a broken terminal/loose wire in that area (or might be poor connections within the switch - this happens about twice a year to my truck. I have to "snap" the switch on and off a few times to get contact). The terminals that are crimped onto the ends of the wires seem very prone to snapping between the wire crimp and the terminal end (be careful if you are working under the dash, be gentle on the wires). Problem is, if the terminal breaks you might find the end of the wire but the terminal that connected to it is still screwed to the switch and is very difficult to notice.
Jim M.
712W and 710M
Scooter7

Post by Scooter7 »

Thanks for the advice. Currently on the road for work but will advise of my findings when I get back. Great leads