Bn4 fuel pump rebuild?

Dedicated to the memory and knowledge shared by Jim Mettler - All things relating to the flow of electrons in a Pinz.
Derrickbwg
United States of America

Bn4 fuel pump rebuild?

Post by Derrickbwg »

I managed to get the fuel pump working on the Bn4 heater, after taking it apart and cleaning all contacts and removing carbon build up. Put it in and it worked great starting up 3 times and running for 20 minutes or so each time. Go out the next day and it wont start until persuaded w a few hammer taps. I removed it again and verified pump is free and everything is clean and reinstall it and it worked great that day. Wouldn't start following morning.

Everything looks good except the diaphragm is kind of hard and crusty. I saw the video below online and wonder if the diaphragm replacement he did is feasible(safe)? Seems like a dried out membrane kept his pump from working and after replacement it ran like a champ.

Has anyone had experience rebuilding the pump or using the material mentioned?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hqj6-9km3w
1975 710K
1974 710M
2018 G63
Derrickbwg
United States of America

Re: Bn4 fuel pump rebuild?

Post by Derrickbwg »

So i ordered material video poster recomended ($$$). Initially worked but then stopped. The material would stretch and bind up operations. Finally received some nitrile sheet to try and repair(0.8mm) Hopefully this is the solution.

Ill post after install to update. "Electrical" has been slow here:)
ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
1975 710K
1974 710M
2018 G63