Accesory plug behind the 4wd locking levers??

Dedicated to the memory and knowledge shared by Jim Mettler - All things relating to the flow of electrons in a Pinz.
audiocontr
United States of America

Accesory plug behind the 4wd locking levers??

Post by audiocontr »

I just noticed i have an accessory plug behind the plate that the levers mount to. Its all the way in the back (or front i guess) directly under the heater hose. My 710 did not have this. Whats it for?
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)
milesdzyn

Post by milesdzyn »

It's for the night convoy light, that was mounted thru the hole in the grill.

Miles
Lots of Pinz pictures here.......
http://picasaweb.google.com/pinzgauer.depository.1

'73 Pinzgauer 712M
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

There should be a plug into that outlet, and I do think it works the Night convoy light - which still works - try some night on a dark night in an area with no street lights. I was amazed at how much light it put out.

You have to depress part of the head light switch and turn it the opposite direction to activate the convoy light.
Pinzing is AWESOME.
Skeej

Night convoy light- what color?

Post by Skeej »

Kirby wrote:There should be a plug into that outlet, and I do think it works the Night convoy light - which still works - try some night on a dark night in an area with no street lights. I was amazed at how much light it put out.

You have to depress part of the head light switch and turn it the opposite direction to activate the convoy light.
Is that the light with the black hood- what color is the light?

My 710K has funky blue-purple night lights in back- not the red night lights I'd expected (- from a past life in USN aviation and ships).
Kirby

Re: Night convoy light- what color?

Post by Kirby »

Skeej wrote:

My 710K has funky blue-purple night lights in back- not the red night lights I'd expected (- from a past life in USN aviation and ships).
It was not red, I think it was Blueish purplish color...
Pinzing is AWESOME.
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

Skeej wrote:
Kirby wrote:There should be a plug into that outlet, and I do think it works the Night convoy light - which still works - try some night on a dark night in an area with no street lights. I was amazed at how much light it put out.

Those funky purple lights are black lights. I'd like a few in my 712!
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)
Skeej

Post by Skeej »

audiocontr wrote:
Skeej wrote:

Those funky purple lights are black lights. I'd like a few in my 712!
okay, adding to the wish list- hooded funky bluish-purple light in the grill-

for creeping about in the desert, lights out...hehe
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

FWIW, I found a Grote LED blackout light on Ebay a while back, for a decent price. Green colored lights, and it fit right into the Pinz grill. I also fitted a 24v relay inline, and it's got both normally-open and normally-closed terminals. So I hooked the blackout light to the normally open terminal and the backup (reverse) lamps to the normally closed terminals. That way, when I go into blackout mode (which we all know we need! 8)), the backup lamps die.