Pinz replacement ignition switch

Dedicated to the memory and knowledge shared by Jim Mettler - All things relating to the flow of electrons in a Pinz.
Pinzgauer Pete

Pinz replacement ignition switch

Post by Pinzgauer Pete »

I was in need of a used ignition switch for my Pinz, since mine bit the dust..tried to see if one of the members of the site had one they could spare but no replies...with a little research...I was able to source a mercedes benz switch which mounts right up is physically almost identical and was a painless installation. The switch comes with a key and terminal mounting screws. The mercedes part number is A 000 545 38 13.
life is like a box of chocolates...you never know which one you might get

710M
hawkwind5usa

Post by hawkwind5usa »

I need one!! Where and how can I find one? Did it cost less than OEM?
I dance to the beat of a different drum!
Pinzgauer Pete

Post by Pinzgauer Pete »

Scott at expedition imports has them now so get it from him..afterall his company is a website sponsor!!!
life is like a box of chocolates...you never know which one you might get

710M
ExpeditionImports
United States of America

Post by ExpeditionImports »

Hi Guys,

I have mentioned this in the past. The Unimog 404 ignition switch is a viable replacement for the Pinz. In fact, in my opinion it is a better replacement. The 0005453813 is a 3 position switch. Position 1 gives power to your starter solenoid, but not to your ignition. This is invaluable if you are trying to move a non-op truck off the trail. Select position one and use your starter button.

http://www.expedition-imports.com/produ ... d-Key.html

An additional cheaper option but just as high quality, is the Unimog 406/416 ignition switch. The additional option here is that if you so choose you can also use this switch as your headlight switch as well. Requires moving some wiring around on the screw terminals, but is pretty much a straight forward replacement. (You do lose the blackout circuits with this option.)

http://www.expedition-imports.com/produ ... 06416.html

Cheers,

Scott Ingham
Expedition Imports Corporation
Vallejo, California
www.expedition-imports.com
"You didn't buy a Chevy..." "Hows that Amazon tech support working out...."