I was just driving along...and the speedometer quit on me

Dedicated to the memory and knowledge shared by Jim Mettler - All things relating to the flow of electrons in a Pinz.
chacaocop1

Post by chacaocop1 »

Dave:

I don't know where are you going to find a cable, but, I am travelling to Houston this weekend for a personal matter. I can take my cable (since I upgraded my Pinz to Electronic VDO) and let you try.

Then when you are done you can send it back.

Do you want me to take the cable with me?

One thing to consider, when removing the speedometer cable, the threaded part won't fit easily through the hole in the body. It is a simple process except that little detail.

Let me know.

Carlos.
CHACAOCOP
1973 712M
Jimm391730
United States of America

Post by Jimm391730 »

It worked great until just a couple of weeks ago when the odometer LCD display stopped working.
Yup, my VDO odometer only lasted about 2 years. However, the speedo needle has always worked great. But since this is the "wife's" truck (officially) she is complaining about not having the odometer working. I may have to buy a new one, rather than trying to fix this one.

So, anybody want a good deal on a VDO electronic speedo w/o an odometer?

Jim M.
712W and 710M
Jimm391730
United States of America

Post by Jimm391730 »

It worked great until just a couple of weeks ago when the odometer LCD display stopped working.
Yup, my VDO odometer only lasted about 2 years. However, the speedo needle has always worked great. But since this is the "wife's" truck (officially) she is complaining about not having the odometer working. I may have to buy a new one, rather than trying to fix this one.

So, anybody want a good deal on a VDO electronic speedo w/o an odometer?

Jim M.
712W and 710M
pcolette
United States of America

VDO speedometer

Post by pcolette »

Here's a link to the VDO instructions for those that need it.

http://www.egauges.com/pdf/vdo/0-515-012-051.pdf

I don't see anything about doing a reset but maybe a call to VDO tech support would turn up something.

Paul C
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE