Mystery switch??

Dedicated to the memory and knowledge shared by Jim Mettler - All things relating to the flow of electrons in a Pinz.
Malahki

Mystery switch??

Post by Malahki »

Trying to figure out the purpose of the white pull knob switch on the left side of the dash beside the emergency flasher switch. When I pull it the strobe (beacon light) symbol on the dash lights up but nothing else appears to happen. Not sure if it makes a difference but my 1972 710m was equipped with black out lights
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

should activate the small accessory plug on the same panel as the switch. Can be used for strobe/emergency light or any other 24v hook up.
stiffler4444
Canada

Post by stiffler4444 »

Cool, I was wondering the same thing. I just used it for more light on the dash at night...lol
1972 710m
krick3tt

mystery switch

Post by krick3tt »

...also activates a plug under the area of the brake handle...waaay toward to the front of the center area above the wiper fluid canister. Kind of difficult to see under there.
I use it to power an aux fan.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
Jim LaGuardia
United States of America

Post by Jim LaGuardia »

Use caution when using that circuit as it is off the #12 breaker and is near its output limit running the Brake, Hazard and Turn signals :wink:
Cheers, Jim LaGuardia
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Goatwerks/
"Arch Magus of Machines."
krick3tt

mystery switch

Post by krick3tt »

Thanks Jim. Good to know. The fan is a 24v from a computer tower and is very low draw. Usually use it to get a little air moving in the summer.

http://s400.photobucket.com/albums/pp88 ... MG3346.jpg
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford