12v PDB relay

Dedicated to the memory and knowledge shared by Jim Mettler - All things relating to the flow of electrons in a Pinz.
Billymac

12v PDB relay

Post by Billymac »

Hi, hopefully you guys have come across this before: The 12v power relay that switches in a lot of the PDB ccts e.g. Engine Crank relay etc is not powering up, when i hold it in everything works fine, the 12v is at the contacts, the 24v supply is at the relay coils but it seems as though the relay enable signal is not being generated from the battery equalisation cct to provide the earth to the coil. I've changed the PDB which would suggesty that its not that but i'm following my tail at the moment.

Cheers
spandit

Re: 12v PDB relay

Post by spandit »

If you put 24V across the coil, does it close the relay? If so, it would suggest the relay is fine. If not, coil might have a break in it.

Don't know where this PDB is - is this a diesel Pinz thing? Confused as to why you'd only use 12V to crank
--

Robin

Pinzgauer 710K
MegaJolt ignition
(upgrading to MicroSquirt)
Billymac

Post by Billymac »

The 12v is the power rail for the circuitry in the Power Distribution Box (PDB), the problem is that the equalisation circuit isn't providing the return path for the relay to energise, I'm just wondering what may inhibit it??
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

Spam
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)