HELP with DASH wires please !

Dedicated to the memory and knowledge shared by Jim Mettler - All things relating to the flow of electrons in a Pinz.
norcal pinz
United States of America

HELP with DASH wires please !

Post by norcal pinz »

I'm color blind and i don't know that much about wiring schemes and I'm hoping you guys can help me get this right. I got the Dash all connected EXCEPT a couple of wires that i need help figuring out where they connect to.......thanks guys.......

#1 This wire comes off the back of the hazard switch and has a funny male connector .
#2 This wire comes out of the bunch of three big bundles of wire and has a female connector.
#3 This wire comes out of the turn signal bundle of wires and has a female connector.
#4 this last one i think is for the auxiliary heater which i don't have but im not sure.
710M 1972
710k 1974
norcal pinz
United States of America

Re: HELP with DASH wires please !

Post by norcal pinz »

any help would be appreciated .
710M 1972
710k 1974
milesdzyn

Post by milesdzyn »

Well take this with a grain of salt as my wiring is kind of like a birds nest, need to straighten the wiring out myself. I would double check this with a wiring diagram.

#1 Brown wire seems to be a ground wire all of mine go to the lights for the idiot lights as far as I can see. If all of them are connected to the lights then it is a common ground to the body, back trace from the common ground off the body to the right and rear of the emergency flasher relay mount.

#2 Brown wire goes to a ground on the body.

#3 Brown wire from turn switch is a common ground wire goes to common ground off body.

#4 Mine doesn't have the connector to the right but I have the one to the left and it looks just like yours.

Thats the best I can do without taking everything apart.

Miles
Lots of Pinz pictures here.......
http://picasaweb.google.com/pinzgauer.depository.1

'73 Pinzgauer 712M
pcolette
United States of America

Post by pcolette »

I agree with Miles that the brown wires are all grounds. If I remember correctly, #1 & 3 typically connect to a male spade terminal that is mounted to the body up near the ignition resistor can. Kind of behind the hazard switch panel - you'll probably need a flashlight to see it.
In picture 4 the left hand plug is the diode/resistor block for the blackout lights. I think you're correct that the other plug is for the heater wiring harness.

Hope this helps.
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE
norcal pinz
United States of America

Post by norcal pinz »

thanks Guys that seems about right .
710M 1972
710k 1974