Door pa els

All things body, interior, paint, windows, tops... you know.
mmcc100
United States of America

Door pa els

Post by mmcc100 »

My old door panels are shot. Looking for opinions on some of the aluminum ones out there. I like the diamond patterned ones, but the plain ones from SAV aren't bad either. Anyone have a preference and why?
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Re: Door pa els

Post by 4x4Pinz »

love the stainless steel ones. No matter which one you choose we have found that some sound proofing installed on the back of them really helps. You have to keep it back from all edges by a couple inches. The original ones don't act like a drum as much as metal styles do.
pcolette
United States of America

Post by pcolette »

Just to suggest another possible solution, I picked up some 1/8" ABS black plastic sheets that are smooth on the backside and have a pebble finish on the front. They were easy to cut with a saber saw and they don't rattle like the metal ones I had did.
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE
mmcc100
United States of America

Post by mmcc100 »

Love the plastic idea! I wish I had a template lft. My panels were so bad they fell apart and went in the trash.
Did you find the plastic online?
pcolette
United States of America

Post by pcolette »

Not online. I bought it locally at a plastic distributor, Midland Plastics. McMaster carries it but it's quite a bit more expensive from them. https://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-plas ... s/=18f0ho4

You could probably make a template out of a piece of poster board.
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE
mmcc100
United States of America

Post by mmcc100 »

I think im going to try it. I'll order some I found. I may have to ask for a measurement or two for the cup, but I'm going to try it.