B pillar soft top connection

All things body, interior, paint, windows, tops... you know.
Rookie
United States of America

B pillar soft top connection

Post by Rookie »

I took my soft top of to paint the b pillar and a few different things in the pinz.now on top of the b pillar where the bungy cord goes there was 4 of the drings where the bungy goes thru these 4 did not have the bungy going thru them if anybody has pictures of that part of the soft top connection that would be great so I can see there placement.or an explanation would work to thanks in advance guys
Jimm391730
United States of America

Re: B pillar soft top connection

Post by Jimm391730 »

The D rings go under the front top, the rings face the rear and are what hooks the front of the rear top under the front top flap. There should also be two D rings on the top of the front canvas, about over the edge of the head padding, and face forwards. These are used with the rubber bungies that you may find near the head padding and are used when you roll up the front of the top canvas, the bungies stretch around the rolled up canvas and hook to the top D rings.

If I remember correctly, the bungie that goes through the four D rings drops down both sides and ends in a metal ring; these hold the sides of the rear canvas tight, up under the "elephant ears".
Jim M.
712W and 710M
Rookie
United States of America

Post by Rookie »

Jimm thanks for the explanation but on the d rings that hook up the front of the rear top i had 4 d rings that the bungee wasnt going thru them.they belong on top ofthe b pillar theres a total of 10 d rings up there to attach the front of the rear top but those 4 d rings dont have the bungee going thru them i took them off from up there but now im confused if they have a particular order
Jimm391730
United States of America

Post by Jimm391730 »

I don't have the exact configuration, but there are only two that are used on top that are used to tie the rolled up front canvas with. This will be in line with the rubber straps and hooks that are under the rollbar, almost overhead of the driver and passenger.
Jim M.
712W and 710M