Corrosion Control

All things body, interior, paint, windows, tops... you know.
totaljoint

Corrosion Control

Post by totaljoint »

For those of us not living in the desert:
I just cut out the LineX over my transmission cover, removed it and found some areas under the lip of the cover with significant rust/ fretting corrosion. More than could grow in just the year the 712 has lived in Washington (was from NV and AZ). I've always used Gemplers "Rust Converter" made for industrial/ farm equipment with good results since I lived in Nova Scotia and Ohio, but came accross this: Corossion X

http://corrosionxproducts.com

Spoke with the west coast distributor today. It was originally designed for the aerospace market, it's used by the Coast Guard, and military in multiple applications (boats/trucks/helicopters etc..). Comes in various viscosities pending on the applicaiton. One spray coat of the heavy duty stuff (viscosity of honey till it drys) on the underside of the body/springs etc... supposed to last minimum 3-5 years, won't wash off in water/mud. The light stuff can be sprayed directly into guns, creeps between body panels, self healing in scratches and prevents fretting on bolts etc.. The demos on the web site seem pretty convincing, especially the salt water soaked cables on bridges and boat trailers.
Best of all, it can be scraped off if necessary for access to plugs/bolts.
Reading the applications and testamonial pages, this stuff could be the Seafoam of the underside for those of us in higher humidity! Just orderd some to experiment with.

Wonder if anyone has tried this?
Ed
stiffler4444
Canada

Post by stiffler4444 »

Let me know your thoughts once you try it. Southern Ontario's salty solution for icy conditions has my Pinzie trapped in the garage! She trembles each time the salter drives by. :(
1972 710m
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

Never tried it. However, I've had good luck using Wurth Rost-Off. But the various viscosities might be nice. Thanks.