710k espar heater

All things body, interior, paint, windows, tops... you know.
Recon113

710k espar heater

Post by Recon113 »

Ok so I was wondering how does the start up procedure go for the espar heater behind the driver seat in my 710k go.
I pull the knob on the dash out all the way. It's getting gas and the blower runs. Is the choke looking thing on the heater itself a choke or is that for temp control...more gas more heat? It seems to run nice but after letting it run for only a min or two it doesn't seem to be putting out very warm air.....so I am wondering am I starting this up right...maybe the plug is bad? Looking for ideas or suggestion....no experience at all with these
Thanks
Stekay
United States of America

Re: 710k espar heater

Post by Stekay »

Mine gets very warm within a minute. Yes the red knob is to increase output and the side vent determines fresh air or recirculated air.
'76 710K
kpoling
United States of America

Post by kpoling »

I have a couple of PDF files on the BN4 I can email to you. Reply at polingk at gmail dot net & I can forward them to you. Cheers!
Regards, Kevin

'73 710K sold 01/22/2016
ccalingaert

Post by ccalingaert »

The heater has a safety switch that is prone to nuisance trips. Remove the cover by unscrewing the knurled knob on top, and there is a button or switch to press on the back side of the heater. I've had to do that a couple of times over the years to get my heater to fire up. It's the fastest and easiest thing to try.
Chris
'74 710K
Recon113

Post by Recon113 »

So I'm thinking its either the glow plug or spark plug....I know I can get the spark plug at SAV but what about the glow plug? Anyone know how to test these two components?
Recon113

Post by Recon113 »

For any one who cares (please remember I am still quite new to the Pinz) I started simple and checked for spark and that was good. I found that I was not getting fuel on the other end of the silver thing (condenser?) that the fuel line goes into on top of the heater. So I took that off and took it apart...swore at it...blasted it with the air compressor and put it on stage by stage and was then getting fuel....fired right up and works like a charm.
Thanks for all the advise

Dale