Hello from Norway

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
Tistlo
Norway

Hello from Norway

Post by Tistlo »

Hey all of you, new guy on the forums here. :)
im 23years old and works as welder/fabricator on a local workshop. i have been deeply sunken in the aircooled vw scene for a long time, but have always had a fetish for offroad cars , and also due to the fact that the place i live is pretty remote.. soo while focusing on old vw's ive also tried to snap up interesting offroaders along the way.. somethimes i find them, somethimes they find me. i will add some photos here to show you.

these are i guess my favorite cars.. 1994 VW LT45 4X4 very rare one, only sold 18 of these here, and i only know of 5 existing now. and my baby, the 1984 712 :) i spend about my right arm to get it, but i knew that i had to buy it because they will only be more expensive to get if i were to get one from other countrys, this is one of only 4 pinzgauers that come to norway when new. its been a workhorse for the main powerline company here, they used it for service in remote and unfriendly places.. my plan is to make this very good again, its not so bad but needs attention on many things all over. i probably will ask alot of questions about this and that..

here are another one, 1989 VW-MAN 8.136 4X4 these are also not many of here. i know of 2 others its sold new to a local powerlinecompany but has also later been used for snowmoving and unfortunatly saltspreading on the roads.. the car was a mess , it was supposed to get picked up by someone from latvia or poland but they didnt come to get the car and the owner was in different kinds of troubles so i ended up getting it really cheap, and with the help of a friend with truck and trailer we picked it up. later i got a superdeal on a set of new 14.00 R20 tires that sooner or later will find its way to the MAN :)

here is some newer ones of it after some cleaning, LT and big brother MAN:)

some journys to the woods around the mountains here

i also have alot of the vw syncro witch is was i use for daily drivers mostly, i have photos on an computer thats not here now, but can uplod later if interested, have 2 orginal 16" syncro whitch is rare and also 2 singelcab syncros and some double cabs, the rest is mostly transporters and caravelle/bus. i also have some 2wd but try to sell them whenever possible :)

hope to find likeminded poeple in here, will post up more as the projects go along.. yes their all projects but im not rushing forward bacuse of little sparetime after the work.. my plan for 2017 is to get the pinzgauer roadworthy and legal. needs to pass the "MOT" test, or the EU-test as we call it here.

best regards :)
EmbarkChief
United States of America

Re: Hello from Norway

Post by EmbarkChief »

Tistlo,

Welcome to the forum! Loved looking through your pics. The LT45 makes the Pinz look small! Beautiful scenery!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
-1972 710M
NEWFISHER

Post by NEWFISHER »

WOW!

Thanks for sharing the pic's , especially the comparison in size. Both the LT and the MAN are uber cool items here in the States as well, not to mention the Syncro 16 you speak of!
GadgetPhreak
United States of America

Post by GadgetPhreak »

Welcome, looks like you've enjoyed owning and working on some really cool rigs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
King County Search & Rescue | Regional Special Vehicles Unit
1972 710M - Building up for SAR use
Follow my build, learn more, or contact me: http://www.sarpinz.com
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

Tistlo,

Welcome to the group, and thanks for the photos.

Where in Norway are you located? My wife's been campaigning for me to go to Norway later next year for the opening of the rebuilt Norway Pavilion at Orkdal. It's sure a beautiful country.

Paul
It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport. Fridjof Nansen
I hope to die in my ski boots... ...just not today. Me
GenevaPinz
Switzerland

Post by GenevaPinz »

Welcome to the forum!!
...and thanks for the pictures!
Jan

'72 Pinzgauer 710M
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

We will be taking a tour of Norway in June and I know one of the stops is Oslo. I am looking forward to seeing your beautiful country.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
Tistlo
Norway

Post by Tistlo »

Hello again fellow enthusiasts :) been a while since i was here last.. i just wanted to show off something spesial, something i never even thought would be possible to do.. so after some coinsidense and sudden acts i was able to buy a VW - Steyr-Puch NORIKER :mrgreen: it was briefly advertised in a comment on facebook on some LT forum.. i text the guy asap and was able to lock down a deal. this thing costed me all my money and some more! but i was so sure i would regret the rest of my life so i could not miss the deal.. and here it is, the monster of Graz

its only have temporary license plates. i must get more money so i can pay the goddamn import taxes (i import it from germany).. i hope to the summer i can get it to the road finally. overall in good shape, but it will see some small upgrades and i must build a new garage for it :) i have the orginal side fenders and bullbar but i like the look with unimog tires
Tistlo
Norway

Post by Tistlo »

and also another came across me.. unimog 416:) i got it cheap. it had problems with clutch hydraulics and was located far away here in norway. but with all luck one of our crane drivers at work had a mission in the area so he took the unimog on the return, and i got it back real easy. turned out it only had a broken slave cylinder. i drove it by own power back to its resting place.

Tistlo
Norway

Post by Tistlo »

also im working on a deal on another spesial something :) i will trade it for a car im currently restoring.. will probably update it here in the spring somethimes
GadgetPhreak
United States of America

Post by GadgetPhreak »

Wow. What an awesome collection of special vehicles. You are fortunate to be in Europe and have access to some great deals. I am jealous ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
King County Search & Rescue | Regional Special Vehicles Unit
1972 710M - Building up for SAR use
Follow my build, learn more, or contact me: http://www.sarpinz.com
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

Vehicles or no vehicles, you're lucky if you're in Norway. What a gorgeous country.
It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport. Fridjof Nansen
I hope to die in my ski boots... ...just not today. Me