Pull Pal

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
totaljoint

Post by totaljoint »

If you have a hi-lift jack, there is no simpler/cheaper way to retrieve your t-post:
http://www.gemplers.com/product/M1195/M ... ost-Puller
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

That only works if you can see the tee post.
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Erik712m wrote:I've used a Tee post before worked good but I didn't retrieve it or my tow rope as it seemed pretty well buried.
And that is why you have an eye on it, so you can pull it out with the pintle as you go by.

Didn't your mother run a string through your mittens as a kid ? so you wouldn't lose them :lol:
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

You know how it is. By the time you finally get out, you're so frustrated. you don't think about much. But going home were it's warm. And the pintle was one of the first things I removed. I know have a D-Ring back there as I have seen the need for one. :oops:
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Well it's the same with sand ladders, you tie a long rope from them to a rear tow point, so you don't have to stop momentum to pick them up if you're still in the soup. :wink:

Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

David Dunn wrote:Well it's the same with sand ladders, you tie a long rope from them to a rear tow point, so you don't have to stop momentum to pick them up if you're still in the soup. :wink:
Funny thing is Overland journal did a write up on sand ladders and I don't remember them giving that tip. Sand ladders are on the list just need to figure out mounting first.
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Mounts are my earlier links

krick3tt

pull Pal

Post by krick3tt »

It seems that having that second person to set the PP could be a bit of a problem when traveling alone. With a long lead winch control and a pulley with the line doubled for a bit more strength could it not be set and the winch controlled by just one.
As I write this it sounds like a bad idea. Just idle wondering. Now I have all sorts of scenarios running in my mind. All with me going to the emergency ward (if they find me).
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Doubling the line will only double the spooling in time , still no stronger than the anchor point. You'll still need to feed out enough line to insure the PP will dig in.
BBBBut, there are many wireless remotes on the market for winches now.... what the heck.... it's only money. :lol:

This thread is making me go nostalgic..... I remember that some people would make carpet sand ladders of 2 x 6 s by 12" long, tied together with carpet or rope with a space in between to allow the ladders to be rolled up. Laid flat, they would be up to 6' long. Some would drive a spike at the front to keep the ladder from being kicked out of place, and again would put a tether on them so they wouldn't have to stop and go dig in the soup to retreive them

andy

Post by andy »

Sandladders and 24v goodies.

http://www.okoffroad.com/stuff-recovery.htm
A bar F
The buck STARTS here
www.deerleaseservices.com
Jerbearyukon

Post by Jerbearyukon »

I have one and wouldn't be without one up here....sorry in the delay on this subject. Some places we go there are NO TREES...only tundra and under that ICE.

Here's a pick of a place just like that with a BIG BOGG full of mud and PALLETS of all things...yes pallets. Somebody actually thought pallets would work...so if you decided to take a run at this hole WATCH OUT.

It's my buddy acting like the german narrator....I didn't charge at the hole cause there were pallets in there and I was only in 4 wheel drive but we hooked up the pull pal and it worked out fine.

Good place to test it anyway.

this is the end of the pull (about 40 feet across but it made it easy - think I would still be there if it wasn't for it) as I made it through...piece of cake with the pull pal.

this lake was so much fun and lots of Lakers and grayling

getting the gear out and belly boats blown up.

som emore of the road

FISH ON - friend found a canoe with a hole in it, but he fished out of it anyway hahahaha

Skeej

Post by Skeej »

David Dunn wrote: This thread is making me go nostalgic..... I remember that some people would make carpet sand ladders of 2 x 6 s by 12" long, tied together with carpet or rope with a space in between to allow the ladders to be rolled up. Laid flat, they would be up to 6' long. Some would drive a spike at the front to keep the ladder from being kicked out of place, and again would put a tether on them so they wouldn't have to stop and go dig in the soup to retreive them
thanks Dave, I very much appreciate the reference to old skool- and want to learn and apply that ethic, and the tip on sand ramps is worth it