Center consoles

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

audiocontr Yet to get mine, but Im a bit further east =)

I would expect it to be there tomorrow. When shipped the estimated date to you was the 21st. Let me know if it does not show up and I will have it tracked.

Many thanks to Brad for the help and use of his wood shop to get these units built in a timely manner. Brad is able to make just about anything you can come up with out of wood for the pinz given some time and Tim is our metal guy for fabrication of the armor packages we all use, together a couple of great resources for customizing our trucks.
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

Cool!
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)
muttandjeeps

console

Post by muttandjeeps »

Got mine today, very nice !!!
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

Got mine! Super excited but....

Damaged in shipping =(

The cup holder portion is busted. Looks like it got bumped good in the corner. Want to just send me a new cup holder piece and I will do an in field repair or would you like to do a claim?

I have a photo for ya
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

I sent them insured but it would probably easier to just send the cup holder part, if you don't mind.
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

Not at all man, these are incredible!!! People need to buy them!
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

Brad just called and has the piece cut and is getting the first coat of primer on it. We should be able to get a second coat and get it out tomorrow. I am going to get it sent out as quick as possible, hopefully you can have for the weekend.
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

Right on! Super service!
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
totaljoint

Post by totaljoint »

4x4Pinz:
I've made a couple of boat and car items out of "King Starboard" polyethene marine decking material:

(http://www.kingstarboard.com/Products/K ... ardST.aspx)

The 1/2 inch matt black works like wood, holds screws well, lighter than MDF and is weatherproof.
Do you think your design would work in that material?
Ed
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

reading the care and working direction, I don't think it would hold up to the engine heat. I was also concerned about the oils that would stain the surface as it is after all the engine access cover. I am sure the product could be worked into the console just don't know how it would hold up to the heat and oils.
Looks like a great product for some applications. Do you know a cost of the product? Would be nice to find a product similar that is inexpensive and easy to work with.
totaljoint

Post by totaljoint »

4 years ago, a 4x8 sheet of 3/4 inch grey, textured (non slip) starboard was $140.00. I made some deck plates out of it for a fishing boat. I also made some under-seat boxes and center "hump" box for a Suburban out of scraps of 1/2 inch stuff.
Polyethelene will not stain easily, but your right, I don't know about the engine heat factor. how hot can it get over the engine?

It holds screws well, and should as there is no known glue for it. They use it to make floor boards for inflatable zodiac type boats, deck plates, hot tubs and even whole boats out of the stuff. It stands up to cuts and abrasion, thats why it's used for artificial knees and some hips.

I has been within 6 inches of my chevy 350 boat engine for 4 years with no problems. I think I'll cut a plate and keep it over the engine for a week or so and see what happens with the heat.
I sure like your design, hope you don't mind if I experiment with it!
Ed
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

I am just not familiar enough with the product to know how it would work out. Where were you able to find the product?

As far as the design on this or any thing else I have done with the pinz I would always like to hear or see what people think and what possible changes they would be interested in.
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

Girlfriend looked at this thing and said "Really? only $50?". Now maybe she is used to me spending much more on parts for the Pinz but I have to agree. You should charge at least twice that...
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
Fleg

Post by Fleg »

Got mine the other day, very nice and am impressed with it for it only costing $50. Hoping I can get it into the Pinz before I leave for Silverton, CO tonight.
karoja

Post by karoja »

Are you going to do more? Ican pay via Paypal and have a forwarder in Miami! They look great!
Karl
http://www.monkeybaymarina.com
712 Camper / 710 M