Which Thule Foot Pack for a 710/712-K

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
Mr Zero
United States of America

Which Thule Foot Pack for a 710/712-K

Post by Mr Zero »

Does anyone here have experience with Thule roof-rack systems on a K model? I need to get a rack up top to mount a Maggiolina Grand Tour roof-top tent. The basic Thule #387 8" gutter mount foot pack seems like it should mount-up to the truck fine and have the crossbar clear the apex of the roof by 0.5" or so. Can anyone here confirm this? Thanks.

Jason
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

This may be way off base for your app, but useful for others.
Perrycraft mays several different lines of track style roof racks that would mount nicely on K's. Also pad mount.
http://www.perrycraft.com/

I'm looking to mount one of these on my crewcab to mount a solar panel to charge a 'house' battery

Brand name?... I don't need no stinkin' brand name! :lol:
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
Mr Zero
United States of America

Post by Mr Zero »

Ok, I can tell you this: the Thule 300 Gutter Foot Pack (5") is too low, the 387 High (8") is a good height, but has too much of an angle to it and won't clear the corner of the roof and the 953 Super High (11") works, but just seems...well...too darn high!

So I'm now considering a Thule Tracker rail system mounted close to the edges of the roof for maximum support. Does anyone here have any experience with the Tracker rails on a Pinz?