Propex Heater?

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
Bruce Berger

Propex Heater?

Post by Bruce Berger »

Has anyone tried installing a Propex Heater in their Pinzgauer?

http://rockymountainwesty.com/propex.html

I does add the hassle of adding a propane tank but it looks like it might be a good way to heat the back for camping.
Bruce Berger
'72 Pinzgauer 710M 2.6i
mit Beck-LaGuardia Elektronischer Einspritzung
krick3tt

propex heater

Post by krick3tt »

Where would you mount a propane tank?

I suppose it could be outside on the ground and not mounted and only used while stationary.
The 22 lb size is a bit large but there is a 11 lb size that I use that is real easy to carry around.

If I ever get up to Ft.Collins I'll check them out.

I use a Lil Buddy heater that is made for indoor use and although I don't do lots of winter camping it is good to take the chill off in the AM.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
Bruce Berger

Post by Bruce Berger »

I was thinking of a small 5lb cylinder mounted outside on the right rear panel of the bed. It may require some reinforcement. That would be enough to last most of my trips to use is for a short while in the morning and in a pinch while driving.

I carry a 20lb tank with me when I know I'm going to be using my big stove so that could be used when I'm stopped.

Adventure trailers has a version they sell mounted in a box for portable external use.

http://www.adventuretrailers.com/heaters.html

Unfortunately, you could buy two heaters for what they charge to mount it in a box. I think I'd try making my own box first.
Bruce Berger
'72 Pinzgauer 710M 2.6i
mit Beck-LaGuardia Elektronischer Einspritzung