20lb propane tank inside the bed of a 712?

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
totaljoint

Post by totaljoint »

Winter:
Air Top Evo 2900 or 3900.. if I recall. Can't find the paper work.

It is a 12 volt, gasoline that is wired into the inverter.
I bought it from Dennis, at Linden Engineering, and it was installed by Jim L. Jim put the thermostat on the left side of the dash (facing the door), it's easy to reach and adjust.
Not cheap, but very effective. Defrosting the windshield, heating feet up front and the cavernous rear all done quickly. After some fuel line adjustments, it works flawlessly while driving or parked.
Ed
Winter Beater

Air top

Post by Winter Beater »

Thanks, I asked Dennis to get a price and availability. I am planning a trip to Mt Evans in November with the moggers -heat would be nice.
totaljoint

Post by totaljoint »

Be sure and post pictures of your trip!
ms1223

Post by ms1223 »

Refilling one pound propane tanks. Put the tank to be filled in freezer for an hour or so. When filling turn the filling tank over with one pound tank attached and open the valve. It should take less than a minute to get a fill on the one pound tank. 1/2 to 3/4 full. I have refroze the one pound tank after the the first fill, then filled again, you take a chance of overfilling it, especially in warm weather.
Swifty 72 710M
krick3tt

20 lb propane tank

Post by krick3tt »

This should get you to pics of the Mt Evans trip.
It is on the RMM site.

http://www.rockymountainmoggers.com/201 ... ans18.html
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford