Raise the roof?

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
Jorgo

Raise the roof?

Post by Jorgo »

Last time Jim Laguardia worked on my 712 he mentioned that he recalled a few owners that got together and raised the roofline of their pinz's by installing a (5"?) spacer bar between the body and roll bar or maybe between the side panels- which would eliminate the need for a custom top. Also along the door tops, (between the door and slider tops) and between the body and windshield.

Does anyone here have one of these mythical, modified pinzgauers or have any information at all you could share with me? I assume (hope?) that this can be engineered so that the structural integrity of the body is not greatly compromised....
I'm going in for a full paint job soon and if this is actually do-able I'd be interested in getting this done pre- paint. I understand this pretty much puts me out of garage height, while raising center of gravity slightly, but at 6'5", I'd be willing to sacrifice those to make the ride more comfortable, as i plan to spend many many years behind the wheel. Ive had the same problem with my old discovery and even my 67 kombi- plenty of headroom, no forward visibility. Most sunny days i pull the top back and drive looking over the windshield, but it creates a sizeable blind spot.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Jorgo

712M
G500

Jorgo
Jorgo

24 TIRES
'73 712M
'74 712M
'04 G500
'07 Range Rover

"Those who were seen dancing
were thought to be insane
By those who could not hear the music"
texas pinzgauer

Re: Raise the roof?

Post by texas pinzgauer »

Assuming they're still in business, these guys do the sort of conversation you're describing. (No relation to me)

http://www.texaspinzgauer.com/
Looking for next new (for me) toy
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 3094951494
mopar
United States of America

Re: Raise the roof?

Post by mopar »

Like this one?

1974 712M AKA the Banana
1974 710M AKA the project truck