rubber mat for a doghouse

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
og

rubber mat for a doghouse

Post by og »

I found these guys selling rubber mats with cheap shipping, so I purchased one 4x7 roll for the rear of the 710M:

http://www.floormatcompany.com/recycled ... -p-66.aspx#

Easy to cut easy to clean and maintain.

OG
OG
John L
United States of America

Re: rubber mat for a doghouse

Post by John L »

I installed this very mat in my doghouse. In order to truly assist with the noise coming from the undercarriage, I left the 4 foot wide mat in tact so that it runs up the side wall of the doghouse from the floor. It fits perfectly under the mount for the seats (710M). My question is what would you reccomend that I use to fasten the mat at the top (just under the seats) to the doghouse itself? The mat is rubber and I have sprayed on bedliner on the doghouse. Is there a good adhesive that would hold some velcro? I'd hate to screw it down. I'd like to make the install look proffessional, i.e. eliminate any sagging of the mat, but keep the mat removal for cleaning purposes.

Any input would be appreciated.

John
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

In my environment the trapped moisture would cause mayhem.
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)
texas pinzgauer

Post by texas pinzgauer »

My 712 actually came with a carpetted interior. That probably worked in Tucson where the previous owner was but it sure wouldn't work here in the tropics (aka Southeast Texas).

Actually, as it doesn't rain here anymore, perhaps I should reinstall it? :cry:

If you want to cut down on the noise in a Pinzgauer, perhaps you need to sing louder!
Looking for next new (for me) toy
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 3094951494
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

I use the 24 x 24 grey tabbed mats from Costco. Light weight, easy to cut and I can remove all or just some of them for
cleanup. Cost was about $15 for more than enough to cover the back deck.
If you really want to spice up the interior, get the colored ones from a toy store or WalMart.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford