Show me your box!

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Re: Show me your box!

Post by 4x4Pinz »

I get all my batteries from Batteries Plus, they deal in mainly automotive and golf cart batteries. I was asking him about a project for my pinz when he recommended using these instead of the 12v for better performance on that project. Should be able to order them from anyone who carries optima batteries, worst case they are available on line.
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

i wonder if 6.5" will fit. I want to use a yellow top for deep cycling of 12v stereo and winch/air power. The red tops seem to die quick.

http://secure.sabattery.com/deepcycleba ... ttery.html
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)
McCall Pinz
Switzerland

Post by McCall Pinz »

My box is only 6.5" wide on the outside to still allow the seats to fold down. If you fabbed it out of metal and used the existing firewall as the back, then you could gain about an 1/8" or 1/4" around the stamped shapes, and that might allow the battery to fit. You could make the access from the front face to get past the L angle bracing.
eat, sleep, Pinzgauer
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

Ohh, very nice! That battery would work! I'll snag one after i figure out how to mount a magneto. Seems to be the way to go.
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)