bolt on light bar

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
Mac

bolt on light bar

Post by Mac »

Built myself a lightbar for my Pinz. Its not amazing, but hopefully it'll do the job well! Built out of all hardware store materials.... Flat \ angle\ box stock...some stainless steel bolts to replace the stock windshield ones + star washers so the thing doesn't vibrate off. The lights on top are just a little $12 set from Northern tool....spot fillers till I get the LEDs im waiting for. Drilled every 3" for lots of lights \ options...Has small box tube welded into the V to help hold the wires up once everything is mounted. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

1974 710M
1951 M37 for sale
2003 BMW 330i zHP
krick3tt

Re: bolt on light bar

Post by krick3tt »

Looks like it will work. ...but, since you will probably catch it on a low hanging branch (I know I would) probably good there is not a $300 bracket up there.

I am always impressed with folks that can make things for themselves.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
cruzoropeza

Post by cruzoropeza »

Nice job! I also like your winch set up, I also made a light bar but a little more low profile
Mac

Post by Mac »

Thanks guys!

Cruz- I didn't do the winch setup, it came that way...but I like it a lot! I think there are a few people on this board that know more about it than I actually do. I'd love to see how you did your bar.....I was debating with lower profile or not....I figured I'd rather have it up there a little higher to help prevent anything from tearing the top if I did end up in some branches....Still, once I have the smaller LED lights on it, it will only be about 1" taller than the antenna mount.....As it is with the 4" lights its just under 90"
1974 710M
1951 M37 for sale
2003 BMW 330i zHP
cruzoropeza

Post by cruzoropeza »

here is a pic of it. pretty simple
Attachments
lights2.jpg
lights2.jpg (30.98 KiB) Viewed 3727 times
IMG_3128.jpg
IMG_3128.jpg (54.5 KiB) Viewed 3727 times
Mac

Post by Mac »

Ah yes, I remember seeing that somewhere on here I think. Does the shine \ glow from the lights so close to the windshield bother you at all?
1974 710M
1951 M37 for sale
2003 BMW 330i zHP
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

You are in CA and as I recall it is a requirement.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
cruzoropeza

Post by cruzoropeza »

Lights don't give back any glare and about the police they don't really mess with me I think they are more taken back on what it is. Ive had many cops talk to me and ask me if it's street legal and they love it, they usually give me the thumbs up!
wudog

Post by wudog »

Cruz is correct. But we only have to worry about is from AAA with a badge and gun, oops, I mean California Highway Patrol.

V/R David
USA, Love it or leave, stop bitching.