Worlds first

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
comfortdental

Worlds first

Post by comfortdental »

I'm looking at doing what I think is the worlds first pinzgauer iPad sterio 8)
I'm looking at a beefy marine amp that will let me BLAST the sterio ( my dad wants to hook up a button that sounds like a machine gun going off to scare people) I also am looking for great speakers, I can waterproof them later but I'm not sure where to mount the amp, and the speakers :?:
I want to take some ammo cans and cut them up and use them as speaker holders. I can mount the amp in the space between the back benches and the driver separator just not sure where to mount the speakers??? :lol:
I did the first boat iPad stereo install today on my parents 50 ft catamaran and can't wait to do the pinz!!!!
I was inspired by soundman car audio http://www.soundmancaraudio.com/article ... on-methods
Any feedback is greatly appreciated thank you all :mrgreen:
1974 710m
Ford excursion For sale
Toyota scionFor sale
cruzoropeza

Re: Worlds first

Post by cruzoropeza »

I mounted my speakers in the top helmet pads,
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

Two concerns - 24v system and 30 amp alternator

They do make 24v amplifier kits (i have a couple for sale if you want to take on one of my old projects) but you need to solder them and create a case. They are a MUCH better way to go

I run my ipad in my pinz. I use a 30 amp 24v-12v inverter powering a 12v PG 75x2amp. it runs 4 speakers at a 2 ohm load and is plenty loud. I mounted the amp directly behind the drivers door on the vent panel. Speakers are cheap Boss waterproof speakers from Amazon and they do VERY well

Keep in mind that you will tax the charging circuit. My system will shut down after about an hour of loud driving. Voltage drops and it clips out
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
edzz
United States of America

Post by edzz »

You do realize that installing speakers and a sound system in a Pinzgauer is not truly original idea. :roll:

http://indafoto.hu/tuninglove/image/4082801-a4ce21d3

http://indafoto.hu/pozako/image/1385029-6ee2a4ef
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
comfortdental

Post by comfortdental »

Well I was hoping it was the first iPad only stereo out there and hoping the name would generate some interest and a better likely hood of people telling me what they thought.

I am very new to the electronic side of cars (I'm 16) not quite sure what taxing The charging circuit is? :?:
Thanks for the great input
1974 710m
Ford excursion For sale
Toyota scionFor sale
comfortdental

Post by comfortdental »

Well I was hoping it was the first iPad only stereo out there and hoping the name would generate some interest and a better likely hood of people telling me what they thought.

I am very new to the electronic side of cars (I'm 16) not quite sure what taxing The charging circuit is? :?:
1974 710m
Ford excursion For sale
Toyota scionFor sale
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

It may not be the world's first but it is his first, so...

I say we give the young man as much help as possible...and, maybe something will come out of it.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
westernair
United States of America

Post by westernair »

I did this in my Pinz, just installed a small Rackford Fosgate amp through a power inverter to a ipod cradle that velcro's to the engine cover. With a flip of a switch I can send the music into the speakers or into my intercom system. At freeway speed I have to have it into my intercom system in order to hear it with any clarity.
Shawn

62 haffy Bantam
61 haffy 4 door

72 710K - Sold
73 712M - Sold
comfortdental

Post by comfortdental »

Well if it's not the worlds first I would like to do a world class job! :o With great speakers and an amazing amp, what would you guys recommend :?:
I wast at least four and hopefully six speakers but want a virtually bulletproof system :twisted:
I'm trying to figure out where I should mount the iPad to make it look profesional and be useful. I'm in Thailand now and the truck is in the states so I have some time to carefully plan this out
1974 710m
Ford excursion For sale
Toyota scionFor sale
Gear
United States of America

Post by Gear »

comfortdental wrote:I am very new to the electronic side of cars (I'm 16) not quite sure what taxing The charging circuit is? :?:
What we are referring to here is your vehicles charging system(alternator) is very small on a Pinzgauer. If you install a stereo that is pulling to many amps off the battery, there will be no way for your alternator to keep up. You will soon find that you are stranded with dead batteries. Just keep this in mind when building your system. I am all for seeing what you come up with. For the others that have chimed in, I would like to see pictures of your set ups if you have them available. I am on the fence about putting a stereo in my Pinzgauer.

Good luck!
Justin Pitcairn

2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon w/
Ursa Minor J30 Camper
Instagram @pitcairnoverland
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

I just ripped my system out to swap over to the new truck. I'll take some photos on the reinstall.

Take a look at 41hz.com. They have the Amp9 kit which appears to be the best solution for our vehicles. I'm just too lazy to put it in a case and complete the project.
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
McCall Pinz
Switzerland

Post by McCall Pinz »

I found this one a while ago, but have yet to buy it or install it- http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdet ... er=320-302
24 volt ready and 4 channel output
eat, sleep, Pinzgauer
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

Now thats interesting! Its only 40w per channel at 24v, but at $50 it seems like a true bargain. If you read through the comments you will see a cap comes in handy for amperage control. You can limit amperage draw to 4 amps average and 9 peak.

I may have to buy a couple to try them out!
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
McCall Pinz
Switzerland

Post by McCall Pinz »

Audiocontr, that's the amp we pm'ed about a while ago.
eat, sleep, Pinzgauer