710M rebuild

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
TechMOGogy
Canada

Re: 710M rebuild

Post by TechMOGogy »

Headed North!!
IMG_6998.JPG
IMG_6998.JPG (186.24 KiB) Viewed 7351 times
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

That is one fine looking pinz. Be proud.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
rmel
United States of America

Post by rmel »

What! No winch? Are the trails that easy in Maple leaf land :lol:

Man that's one Awesome looking Pinz -- you got the Power Steering built in too right?
Puller: 71' 710K 2.7L EFI aka Mozo
Follower: Sankey MK 3, 3/4 Tonne
Rescue Pinz: 73' 712MK

Driver: Ron // KO0Q
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

Winch mount is in the back.
Once here I will look to source a winch.
Wondering how I can get 1 winch to work with both a 24v Pinz and a 12v G - dual motor gigglepin or I have read of people that run their 12v winch at 24v?
pcolette
United States of America

Post by pcolette »

Great looking truck! Lots of nice functional upgrades with a great paint job.

Enjoy!
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE
NEWFISHER

Post by NEWFISHER »

Glad you are now getting it! I also had the 2 winch delima. I know have 3 12v and 1 24v. Cradle, car trailer, truck and Pinz. Fought the urge to get a 24 but the Zeon 24v is awesome. So far Pinz pulls 1, others....many. Added the remote to it and its great!

We need more pics of your Pinz!
Ian
Australia

Post by Ian »

TechMOGogy wrote:Winch mount is in the back.
Wondering how I can get 1 winch to work with both a 24v Pinz and a 12v G - dual motor gigglepin or I have read of people that run their 12v winch at 24v?
I've run my 12V warn on 24V now for around 2 years without issue. The killer is if you overspeed the motor, which it will do when no load is on it if you let it. I avoid this by pulsing the switch till I have taken the slack in and the load is on it. This avoids the motor speed building up. Once there is a load on it, you can use it normally as the speed can't build up. I've never measured it, but I reckon the voltage drop at the motor under high load would be so much there would be nowhere near 24V anyway.
I think if you were buying one specifically for the Pinz, it would make sense to just get a 24V one. I already had a good 12V one, which is why I used it, and I think as long as you have a understanding what is going on and how to use it, there is no reason not too.
And, hey, how often do you get a Pinz stuck anyway :D :D :D
waterdog
Paraguay

Post by waterdog »

Ian wrote:
I've run my 12V warn on 24V now for around 2 years without issue. The killer is if you overspeed the motor, which it will do when no load is on it if you let it. I avoid this by pulsing the switch till I have taken the slack in and the load is on it. This avoids the motor speed building up. Once there is a load on it, you can use it normally as the speed can't build up. I've never measured it, but I reckon the voltage drop at the motor under high load would be so much there would be nowhere near 24V anyway.
I think if you were buying one specifically for the Pinz, it would make sense to just get a 24V one. I already had a good 12V one, which is why I used it, and I think as long as you have a understanding what is going on and how to use it, there is no reason not too.
how about when you have to roll back in your cable after use??? do you have to do it slowly???? to not speed up....
1985 710MS
1985 712MK
1988 PAJERO CAMEL SPECIAL 042/150
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

Ian wrote:
It is for the Pinz but would also like to use it on my PUCH G vs having to buy 2
Thanks for the info on the speed makes sense!
Ian
Australia

Post by Ian »

waterdog wrote:
Ian wrote:
how about when you have to roll back in your cable after use??? do you have to do it slowly???? to not speed up....
Yes, but you can't do it slowly, so maybe 2 seconds on and then half a second off to let the speed drop off and then repeat. I tend to be pretty cautious about it, but you can hear the motor clearly. Even doing that it'll wind in much faster than one running on 12V.
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

My truck arrived today!!!!
1st time I have actually seen my truck since I purchased it 3 years ago!!
It's been a long haul and an increadible project. The truck is nothing short of increadible.
It arrived at 2:30 this afternoon and we had a party to got to at 3 so I got to spend only about 5 mins in it :(
May need to take off work!
Will be posting lots of pictures soon
The quick drive that I did around the block and into the drive... the 2.7 EFI fired right up and the EZ power steering seems to work well (more thourogh testing to come).
Jim and Andre did amazing work on it! Jim striped the engine and worked his magic and Andre stripped the rest of the truck right down, cleaned every part it, powder coated pretty much everything we could and fabbed up a bunch of custom parts!
Just need to get it plated and we're good to go.
More to share soon
Cheers,
Massive grin on my face - Dan
stiffler4444
Canada

Post by stiffler4444 »

Nice, congrats! Soon I will be getting a 12000lb. warn 12v winch at a price I cannot refuse. Once my winch bumper is back from powdercoating, I will mount it up and have more input on the 12v - 24v thing.
1972 710m
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

1st real test drive went well
Still need to get it "officially" plated before I do much more driving
For now I am just crawling all over and under it.
IMG_7122.JPG
IMG_7122.JPG (1.38 MiB) Viewed 7067 times
stiffler4444
Canada

Post by stiffler4444 »

How in the world are you going to bring yourself to getting this dirty???? :shock:
1972 710m
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

Peer pressure :)