POLY CV Boots

Issues pertaining to the TGB/C30X series engine and driveline issues
ranicotra
United States of America

POLY CV Boots

Post by ranicotra »

I am about to place an order for the polyurethane cv boots from fmv4x4.com. $88 each plus $59 shipping to US.

Are the other poly items they sell: diff brake diaphragm, and the shift boot also common parts to tear ? I am considering ordering them now to save on hassle and shipping in the future.
one2many
Australia

Re: POLY CV Boots

Post by one2many »

I can't comment on whether or not its a common failure but I have a torn shift boot on my c304, any rubber will deteriorate with age and tear eventually.

Considering the shipping cost probably won't change it would be worth while to get one of each in my opinion....maybe two diff lock diaphragms if you plan on keeping the truck for a while.
1985 pinzgauer 712K factory 2.7lt civilian (RHD, 4 door K)
1979 Volvo tgb 1314a (under construction to om606 diesel/722.6 trans. Dual cab/tray)
1fzpower

Post by 1fzpower »

Ouch, shipping hurts!

Well, I just found this site and links to those parts, so I am going to have to place an order eventually. If anyone wants to place an order together to try and save on shipping, I would be game.

Where do you find the seals?

Cheers,
mjfreshyfresh

Post by mjfreshyfresh »

I just had my second set of NOS boots fail so I ordered some poly boots from http://fmv4x4.com

They were a bit hard to communicate with (didn't send email when shipped, I had to send several emails to get a response) however the parts arrived in a timely manner ~2wks and the boots worked perfectly! Here's to never having to fix those boots again!
one2many
Australia

Post by one2many »

When I shipped my Volvo I got the dealer to put 2 boots in the glove box because I knew this was a spare I would likely need sooner rather than later, they are genuine Volvo boots so I suppose they are NOS...he got them from Tantaka on my behalf. Now that I'm aware of how commonly these boots are failing I think its probably not worth the effort to fit them when the time comes and that I should probably just throw them out and get some poly boots from FMV as spares.

Mjfreshyfresh, having done the job multiple times would you ever fit Volvo boots again even if you already had them or would you just cut your losses and get the poly boots?
1979 Volvo tgb 1314a (under construction to om606 diesel/722.6 trans. Dual cab/tray)
mjfreshyfresh

Post by mjfreshyfresh »

I'd put on poly boots don't even try the NOS. The NOS ones I put on looked perfect upon installation but after one year of driving the seams of the boots turned to mush and tore.

Changing boots is not that tough, bleeding brakes is the worst part by far!
ranicotra
United States of America

Post by ranicotra »

Does anybody have a current source for the polyurethane CV boots? A friend of mine is helping install them, but he put a screwdriver head through one of the new ones, poking a hole.
one2many
Australia

Post by one2many »

IIRC since FMV4x4 closed those Poly CV boots haven't been available. And I believe Tantaka's OEM brand new CV boots (not NOS anymore) are the go to guys for Volvo C30x CV boots nowadays. I don't know of any other suppliers of Volvo C30x CV boots ATM, except perhaps Kamo Oko Vidi, Custom4x4parts...which I think are from Tantaka but im not actually sure. You could email Goran at KOV and ask him what his boots are...if there was a better boot option available for Volvo's the trophy car guys would most likely know about them.
Green machine
Argentina

Post by Green machine »

There’s a guy on the Volvo C303 Facebook page offering silicone cv boots made for off-road rigs with Volvo axles Out of Malaysia. Anyone tried these out? From what I understand silicone is much more durable and resistant to dry rot and tearing.
khaikai
Malaysia

Post by khaikai »

Here's the link for the above mentioned malaysia's silicone Cv boot

https://www.asli4x4.com/products/volvo- ... cover-boot
OUTBACK
United States of America

Post by OUTBACK »

I ordered one set. With shipping came to $119. The tracking number link does not work as of yet. I will let you all know when I receive them.
OUTBACK
United States of America

Post by OUTBACK »

The malaysia's silicone Cv boots arrived a few days ago. They are well made and are well worth the $119. They arrived a few days after ordering. I will order another set to keep on hand for use in the future. Don't hesitate to buy them if you need high quality Polyurethane CV Boots.