Volvo C306 clutch question

Issues pertaining to the TGB/C30X series engine and driveline issues
SierraPinz

Volvo C306 clutch question

Post by SierraPinz »

Hello to all. I've recently picked up my first Volvo. It's a C306 and is in extraordinary original condition. One issue I have currently is the clutch. It is very, very stiff. I would say it takes 150 lbs of force to depress. I'm a bigger guy and have driven all sorts of vehicles but this clutch is like nothing I've ever experienced. The gentleman I bought it from said that the previous owner had a (heavy spring" installed. I'm wondering if anyone here could educate me on this issue. I don't distrust him, I just want clarification on this and if there is any way of mellowing this out. Thanks in advance!
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Re: Volvo C306 clutch question

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

First of all, don't drive it until you figure this out. You could be damaging something or are about to blow some hyd. lines. 150lbs is insane. The clutch is no different than any other old 4x4 and should feel normal.

I dont see why someone would install spring like but, lots of people are crazy so maybe so. Just check to see if anything is obvious first (like a big spring) then it's time to get into checking your cylinders/fluid for anything weird and maybe pulling the tranny to see why your clutch is screwed up, which isn't a huge deal.
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!

roobar_and_custard
Australia

Post by roobar_and_custard »

Isn't the Volvo a cable clutch?

I suggest making sure the whole think is properly lubricated first and see if this helps.
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

:lol: Ha, thought I was typing in the Pinz section! Yes, a cable.
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!