WHO CAN REBUILD MY FRONT PORTAL BOXES?

Issues pertaining to the TGB/C30X series engine and driveline issues
OUTBACK
United States of America

WHO CAN REBUILD MY FRONT PORTAL BOXES?

Post by OUTBACK »

Hello,
I am in need of finding a person or company that can go through my front portals and replace all the bearings seal ect ect and properly torque the bolts to specs. One of my front portals I suspect was torqued a bit to tight or that wheel bearing is going bad. I am in serious need to get these done so I can actually drive my TGB1314 on actual trails ect. I can remove the portals and have them shipped.

Thanks,
Mike
Jim Molloy
United States of America

Re: WHO CAN REBUILD MY FRONT PORTAL BOXES?

Post by Jim Molloy »

Mike,
Where are you located? Dennis Linden in Colorado was the only person I knew of that was working on Volvo TGB trucks commercially. Thomas Schwagerl in North Carolina is a TGB truck importer. A recent customer rolled his TGB11 on the way home after purchase and the truck was returned to Thomas for repair. He may be able to help as well.
Take care.
Jim Molloy
Jim Molloy
Waldersee Farm
http://www.northwestmogfest.com
dokatd
United States of America

Post by dokatd »

If you are anywhere near Texas I would consider rebuilding them for you. Assuming you remove them as stated. You can PM me if you like.
OUTBACK
United States of America

Post by OUTBACK »

dokatd wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:31 am If you are anywhere near Texas I would consider rebuilding them for you. Assuming you remove them as stated. You can PM me if you like.
I APPRECIATE ALL THE RESPONSES. I DO NOT THINK I AM BEING NOTIFIED OF ANY RESPONSES SO I MISSED THESE COMMENTS. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH. PORTALS ARE ALL REBUILT. (NOTHING WAS WRONG WITH THEM BUT SINCE I HAD THE NEW BEARINGS AND THE OLD ONES WERE OUT I HAD MY GO TO GUY SWAP EVERYTHING OUT.
OUTBACK
United States of America

Post by OUTBACK »

Jim Molloy wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:49 am Mike,
Where are you located? Dennis Linden in Colorado was the only person I knew of that was working on Volvo TGB trucks commercially. Thomas Schwagerl in North Carolina is a TGB truck importer. A recent customer rolled his TGB11 on the way home after purchase and the truck was returned to Thomas for repair. He may be able to help as well.
Take care.
Jim Molloy
THANK YOU JIM! MY GUY WAS IN TOUCH WITH HIM FOR SOME NEEDED ADVISE. GREAT GUY.