Clutch Release Bearing

Issues pertaining to the TGB/C30X series engine and driveline issues
Aladrius

Clutch Release Bearing

Post by Aladrius »

Does anyone know of a source for a replacement clutch release bearing? I've tried a local clutch place, Volvo dealer and an SKF distributor, none of whom have been able to match it. It's for an ex military 303 with the 9" clutch.
lindenengineering

Post by lindenengineering »

A rare bird these release bearings!

I ran some down in the UK at the local Volvo dealership.You won't like the price, off the shelf they are 353 Quid a pop. Multiply that by about 1.75 and you have------ Well a lot of dollars! Still interested?
That's downright outrageous!

Since I am about to do a diesel conversion to one of these Stockholm Oxidizers, I will see if a Pinz release bearing will act as a cheaper substitute.
Dennis
djklabbe

Post by djklabbe »

A friend has changed the clutch on one of his c303 and he use a clutch for a Volvo 164.

Her can you buy the clutch release bearing for 475 Swedish crowns.
Look at page 20 or 22
Clutch release bearing = urtrampningslager = U-lager
www.kgtrimning.com/KGTRIMNING162005web.pdf

Klabbe
lindenengineering

Post by lindenengineering »

Klabbe.
Very interesting! Certainly not the quotes I have been getting!
On a slightly different note though but still motor vehicle related

The cheapest road spring U bolts I could get for a Scania Truck was in the UK. For a dump truck working in Botswana (Christian Aid) they were 80 quid a piece (outrageous) from the dealer.
This forced me to look over here (USA) for some that I had made up by Denver Spring for $22 each.

It prompted an associate in the UK to write (e mail), "These Swedish folk are mighty proud of their stuff! Thank God for competition"!
I know Africa is plagued with government vampires but I didn't know that it extended to parts pricing.
Dennis
Aladrius

Post by Aladrius »

I found a company by the name of Industrial Drive Components in Queens, NY. They were able to get me a suitable replacement for about $95. Clutch is back in and truck is on the road again.
Lucas

Volvo C303 clutch parts

Post by Lucas »

Does anybody know the part numbers of the clutch disc, cover, and/or release bearing, and/or some other more common vehicle in which the same parts were used? I need some for my 303.

Thank you.

Lucas